Not a complete twit

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Good for Dubyah. Stem cell research will prove to be one of the most beneficial projects ever, I believe.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Why is it the government business to interfere with what new research takes place? Is this just a psychotic extention of the Clean Food and Drug Act from a century ago? What arrogance. The government is there to maintain an army, maintain a universal system of coinage, conduct treaties with foreign powers and keep the states off of each others throats... period. Everything else is baggage that it has slowly created for itself over the years.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
Why is it the government business to interfere with what new research takes place? Is this just a psychotic extention of the Clean Food and Drug Act from a century ago? What arrogance. The government is there to maintain an army, maintain a universal system of coinage, conduct treaties with foreign powers and keep the states off of each others throats... period. Everything else is baggage that it has slowly created for itself over the years.

Correct Master Jedi Unc, if outdated-our central gov't has decided to take over all aspects of our life. Not really a bad thing, IF, I repeat, IF it's only concerning Gov't sponsored affairs. My stance here goes against my OWN grain because I wholeheartedly believe in the Constitution, however, it no longer takes weeks for the post & news to get from DC to SF, or HI, or Japan, or(you get the idea). We are a WORLD power & each state can handle state problems, but there are FEW, if any remaing state only problems. I, for one, use the resources of at least 10 states in my week to week affairs(trucking). It's a confouding problem with no clear & present answers.