No Post, No Beeps

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Power to everything. Pulled all & still no beeps. Mobo? any suggestions?

B

Bubba

is the speaker hooked up? (the internal speaker)

are you sure the board is getting power? is the memory installed correctly?

it's possible the board is bad, but check everything again to make sure it's all connected and installed right. i've had something as simple as the I/O switch on the ps being set wrong that caused me to think a system wasn't working.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
With nothing except the CPU in, are you getting any beeps at all? You should be getting long continuous beeps. If not, then it's either the CPU or motherboard. Try another power supply to be on the safe side though.

Gonzo

Staff member
The internal speaker is hooked up. When I got home, it was on. I restarted to nothing. Pulled everything & still no beeps. Even pulled the CPU to see if anything looks unusual-no. No other power supply handy but I'll take the CPU to someone & see if it works on a test computer.

greenfreak

Had that recently and it turned out to be the mobo. Bought a new one (the WRONG one) and now have a useless mobo sitting at home still in the box.

Good luck with it Gonz and if you want a Soltek mobo for a P4, let me know. :D

Gonzo

Staff member
son of a bitch-it's working this morning. WTF?

Thanks Greenie, no P4's here. ;)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Dosen't mean the PS isn't having any issues. Could be a cap or two is getting a little to warm. Who knows. It just sounds like a power issue. Maybe the power source itself isn't providing enough power.

greenfreak

CompTech said:
What did you get. One with the wrong socket type?

Yup. I got the right board but for Intel instead of AMD. :mad: Since Egghead likes to take 15% for a restocking fee, I wasn't prepared to lose that money and the shipping costs. The only other person who wanted it had the wrong RAM for the board.

I might be stuck with this thing... I should try ebay or something.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Had that recently and it turned out to be the mobo. Bought a new one (the WRONG one) and now have a useless mobo sitting at home still in the box.

Good luck with it Gonz and if you want a Soltek mobo for a P4, let me know. :D
Soltek boards r0x0r! :headbang:

What model is it? Does it support them new-fangled hyper-threading P4's?

greenfreak

Soltek SL-85MIR-L Motherboard for Intel P4 Processors
Specifications:
Chipset: I845G+ICH4
Frontside bus: 533/400
Form Factor: Micro ATX
EIDE: Ultra-ATA100,66,33 up to 4 devices
Ram: 2x 184pin DDR 266Mhz
IO:1 FD, 2 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 USB
Slots: 1 AGP4X, 3 PCI,
Intregrated audio: AC 97, 6 channel
Intregrated LAN: RTL8139C LAN Controller Model#: SL-85MIR-L

:)

Gonzo

Staff member
fury, why didn't you mention Antec sucking back when I was asking about power supplies???huh?huh?huh? :D

Greenie-It's a non-sexual computer, it hasn't multiplied yet at least. It still had PMS, M or F.

It's running like it's supposed to now. I am so confused.

I left it on, doing F@H, while I went to NE (whick I've always done) and the last upload I had was Tues morn. So, it was out for 60+ hours but never shut down. Running games all day it's been fine.Time to get a Dragon & DDR I suppose.