NFL 2002

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
new alignment
nfl.com said:
Realignment for 2002
At the NFL Spring Meeting on May 22, 2001, in Rosemont, Ill., NFL owners unanimously approved the following realignment for 2002 when the Houston Texans begin play:

AFC
EAST NORTH SOUTH WEST
Buffalo Baltimore Houston Denver
Miami Cincinnati Indianapolis Kansas City
New England Cleveland Jacksonville Oakland
N.Y. Jets Pittsburgh Tennessee San Diego

NFC
EAST NORTH SOUTH WEST
Dallas Chicago Atlanta Arizona
N.Y. Giants Detroit Carolina St. Louis
Philadelphia Green Bay New Orleans San Francisco
Washington Minnesota Tampa Bay Seattle

Scheduling formula
Each team within a division will play 14 common opponents as follows:
Each team will play home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

Each team will play the four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play the four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play a pair of intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games), i.e. first-place teams in a division will play against the first-place teams from another division within the same conference, etc.

markjs

QuackHead
I think new Uniforms will really improve our team LOL....also being out of the AFC west (for real), and a new stadium....tis time for Holmgrens Hawks to fly!

Note my new title :P

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Heh...good luck fighting the niner's and Rams for that title shot! :)

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Is that the same Holmgren who played Hasselbeck over Dilfer when Dilfer never lost? Granted he isn't the best QB, but he's a hell of a lot better than Hasselbeck! :p :D

Dilfer QB rating: 92.0
Hasselbeck QB rating: 70.9

That's a huge difference, Hasselbeck played about twice as much as Dilfer, but Dilfer still got enough time in to show what he can do that obviously Hasselbeck didn't. BTW, they each threw 7 TDs, but again Hasselbeck had twice as much playing time, he should've had more than 14 to warrant him being their #1 QB. Sorry, without a Favre, Holmgren's not a good coach. Favre could make any coach look good, damn him. :mad:

markjs

QuackHead
Thats another reason I think we will make a showing in the NFC west, because Dilfer has been named the starter for 2002. I think Dilfer is one of those guys whos better than his numbers....he is a great leader, and sharp enough of a passer to get it done. Hasselbeck had some raw throwing ability but little else. Another reason is because the one time in the last two years that we played the Rams we nearly beat them, I know neraly isnt good enough but they did not slaughter us like so many teams they play, and they beat us by a slim margin late in the game. I also dont think SF is that great.....they aren't bad, but a soft schedule contributed to last years success and their defense is suspect. Holmgren has had enough time to build a pretty good team and I think most of all that was missing last year was Dilfer or better at QB. Also in recent years, the NFC is much softer than the AFC in general. Look for us to grab a wildcard spot in the playoffs...if I had money Id lay some on it. If we dont Holmgren will be in the unemployment line in 2003.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't even make 8-8, the Rams and 49ers are extremely tough competition. However, in the NFL, anything can happen. Look at my Bears for example, I wouldn't have picked them to even make 8-8 last year, let alone win the division and a first round bye in the playoffs. They've got an easy schedule for the first 4 weeks, but then they have the Packers :verymad: on Monday night, followed by their bye, then two easier games followed by 3 straight in November against the Eagles, Patriots, and Rams, ouch. It's pretty average after that, but geez, November will be hell.