NEED inexpensive motherboard

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 1.2 t-bird without a home. Whats an inexpensive(cheap) mobo that is decent to buy...:confused:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
The ECS boards based on the Sis 730 chip are going for $60 on pricewatch. They don't overclock very well, but they're supposed to be fast boards.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Hey Neo. You hold out a few months and I'll have a board here for you free of charge. It's an A-Open MK33 (I think that's the model, have to double check). I'm using it right now for my AMD box as my FIC board died on me. Getting a Gigabyte 71XE4 here soon though to replace it. It's got an AGP slot and three PCi slots, three DIMM slots, and onboard sound (which I don't use). Let me know.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Posty,
sure i'll take it..:D But i'll at least cover shipping and a little extra. I just need to get this one from being so lonely.:(

I retested the a7v again and it finds the cdrom and harddrive but wont boot from either. I think its prolly trash time for it.
Are the bios chips expensive for it? Would be a last resort for test.
NEO

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Can you boot it from a floppy? Copy a bios flash prog to a bootable floppy and then try to boot from it and flash the bios.

It's doubtful to work, but you never know.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm know of a few places that will reflash your bios with the latest version of the BIOS or original version of the BIOS for your motherboard.

Unicore - There guys specialize in Award BIOS's

Micro Firmware - Might get help for your BIOS if it's a Phoenix

BadFlash - These guys do it all. Award, Phoenix, AMI. Heard a few good things about them as well.

Anyway, the board will be a loner when I get my new one. I may be getting it sooner as the prive seems to have fallen some. hehe. No problem Neo. If you wanna pay postage that's fine. In actuality, the board will just get thrown into the garage with the rest of them. It's all yours once I get my new one in.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
thanks Posty, appreciate it.
Is it expensive to have the bios reflashed?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm not sure. I've never had it donw by an outside source before. I think it runs around $50 at badflash though.

punkass

Originally posted by HomeLAN
The ECS boards based on the Sis 730 chip are going for $60 on pricewatch. They don't overclock very well, but they're supposed to be fast boards.

He's right!

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
OK NEO..hehe I need an address to send this to. I got my board, Gigabyte GA-7IXEH. She's working absolutely great!

7ixeh.jpg