My coolie spinning Q avatar

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I notice the edges of my Q are kind of raggedy on this darker background, also since the purple doesn't exactly compliment the background colors here, I would like to possibly change it to a gold or bronze. I haven't the slightest clue how to go about making these changes. Is there an expert out there who could give me some pointers, as I would really like to learn how to do this myself. Thanks! :)

K

krusty

yep...as I thought...29 seperate gifs in the spinning "Q"...all needing colouring and detailing...

Good luck suz.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I was hoping for a tad more information than that krusty.

JJR512

Just out of curiosity, have you considered asking the person that made you that image? The Graphics Manager of JJR512.com, catocom?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yes, I considered it, but it seemed to me he already spent a good deal of time and effort on my avatar and being the nice guy that he is, he's probably make the adjustments for me even if he was very busy. I didn't want to impose on him any further.
I also felt this could be a good opportunity to learn a bit about graphics by doing it myself.
Please don't make this into more than it is and start a bunch of shit.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
test...

q2.gif

this (the one I did) was very complicated to make and was done in a version that no longer exists on jasc's web site, but if you want I can show you how I made it

damn it still has the jaggy edges

butchsor

Q, make your edges color same as the 90% black background of this board. It will help hide some gold jaggedness of your avatar. ;)