Morpheus Problem?

Kruz

Staff member
Lately when I use morpheus I get this error message... I then have to shut down morpheus and restart it.
anyone ever get this ... I'm running XP PRO and also Norton AV 2002. I have script blocking turned off in norton. this has not happend untill norton was installed.

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 227

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Yeah, I get that too the last few days....interesting.

If I start downloading and then run it in the background it's fine though.

Kruz

Staff member
I think it's one of the advertisment pop-ups causing this... maybe some evel code:)
funny were all getting this at the same time:eek:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I get a script debug dialog occasionally, but nothing that causes Morpheus to stop running.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I can no longer seem to connect to Morpheus. Anyone else getting this problem?

It can recognize whether my password is correct or not, but when I have it correct, "Connecting..." is as far as it gets. :(

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It starts, then wants to send MS a error report, so I've uninstalled it.:(

Gonzo

Staff member
Now they've gone & added a new twist. It seems a DoS attack happened so Morpheus as we once knew is dead. It's now, Morpheus™ Morpheus Preview Edition. A direct gnutella connection. And new software-which hasn't crashed YET

Gonzo

Staff member
what has happened to them? do they think they are Napster? oh, now what?

Music CIty FAQ said:
FAQ’s about MusicCity and Content Wrapping:

How much do Artists get paid?
Artists keep 70% of the gross sale of their work.

When do artists get paid?
Checks will be sent out monthly to artists for the sale of their work.

Can people burn CD’s from the file they download?
When a user downloads your music, it becomes an application that can only be opened inside of the Morpheus application. They cannot burn a CD from this file.

Will they be able to download the artists’ artwork?
Yes. As part of the download file, a PDF of the artwork and liner notes will be included.

Will the file be CD quality?
Yes. The file will be encoded at 320kbs. which is CD quality.

How long does it take for the music to appear on MusicCity.com?
After we receive an artists’ submission form, if accepted their material will appear within two weeks.

What does rules-based mean?
Rules based means that StreamCast allows the artists to set a specific set of rules surrounding their content. For example, artists can set it so that a consumer may listen to their song twice. On the third time the consumer tries to listen to the song and a message will appear notifying the buyer that to listen to it again, it must be purchased.

How do user’s pay for the content?
Consumers will pay for the content through an e-commerce site.

Who sets the pricing for the album?
The artist is completely in control of setting the pricing and rules for their content. StreamCast recommends that a single song be sold for .99 cents and an album for $8.00 US dollars.

Gonzo

Staff member
talk about hiding behind wording
How much do Artists get paid?
Artists keep 70% of the gross sale of their work.

That is not 70% of the $16.99 CD price. They must pay for studio time, advertisements, ASCAP filigs, label overhead, etc, etc. THEN they pay lawyers, mgmnt, etc out of that 70%. An actual amount put into the artists pocket is about $1.12 per album, before taxes. If there are 3, 4 , 5 guys in a band, their chunk gets pretty small. Touring is where the money is.