MLB: bye-bye MN & Expos...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
wait, the Twins are doing something...right

The Twins clinched their first postseason berth in 11 years on Sunday, doing it with the formula that has made them so successful in 2002 - pitching, defense and timely hitting.

habaneroman

Our Twins have played well all season.

But that will not stop Bust Selig from trying to contract them as soon as he is able to.

Earlier this summer, he said their success was an "abberation".

He still believes that you cannot build a winner within your own organization.

He believes winning organizations must be bought, and that small market teams cannot afford to buy wins.

He thinks by eliminating the Twins, he can tap the Minnesota TV market, however small it is, for his Brewers. Added revenue for his Brewers, to go out and buy a winner.

The Twins Championships in 87 and 91, were done with in house talent, Puckett, Hrbek, Viola, Gaetti, Gagne, Laudner, Knobloch and trades with shrewed aqusitions at bargain basement prices, Brunansky, Reardon, Baylor, Morris, Gladden, Aguilera, Tapani, Chilli Davis, Shane Mack.

These Championships weren't bought, they were manufactured the old fashioned way.

GO
twins_logo.jpg

Gonzo

Staff member
That is one of the reasons I was a true blue Dodger fan for years. They built some awesome clubs with the farm system. Then along comes Fox & Murdoch & now I'm a D'Backs fan.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
And the D'Backs are any different? Well, at least they spent their money a little more wizely than the Dodgers. :D

Gonzo

Staff member
Colangelo is a tyrant. He is buying world series teams. He is, however, not a corporation. (and I was born in Phx)