Memorabilia

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Anyone have any valuable sports (or entertainment, after all, this forum's for both) memorabilia? My brother has a real good collection of baseball cards, with his two top cards both being the same player: Mark McGwire. He has his 1985 rookie card when he was on the olympic team, and that came out 2 years before another McGwire card came out, and is worth about $175 today. The other McGwire card he has is a green artist proof from a box of Pinnacle a few years ago, it's listed as $180. We also have quite a few other souveniers, such as autographed baseballs from Bob Gibson and Ken Griffey Jr., as well as a Griffey bat, and a Bobby Hull signed puck. None of that compares to our most prized item: Cubs Hall of Famer Ernie Banks' 475th home run ball, which at the time tied him with Stan Musial for career homers, which was hit in the first inning of opening day at Wrigley in probably the most remembered Cubs season, 1969. It's also autographed by Banks, as well as numbered and dated. That's just awesome. :)

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
I have nothing! :( I got a pic from Chritian Wolbers though at a small bar where they played cause that jerk band Papa Roach canceled his show. Oh well, it was better to hear FF without Papa Roach. But that is SO new, that it's not memorabilla. Sad for me.

BigDadday

Everday People
Had a bunch of Hummel and old 78's which I just passed on so someone one day may enjoy them. Not to mention coins I do/used to collect but the new ones aren't worth any monetary value as the ingredients have been changed. ( silver)

b.gif

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I have a closet full of baseball, football, hockey, movie cards. most of them are still in the full factory set. i used to be a very avid collector, but when the players went on strike for more money i decided i had given them enough of mine. some of my favorites are of dave justice while he was still in the minors and farm leagues. Myself and a best friend grew up playing ball with him . He just went farther than us.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
When ever I saw the Leafs play a Maple Leaf Garden, I always got a program the waited outside and got autographs. I got a quite a few, Doug Gilmour, Felix Potvin, Darrly Sittler....

I've got tons of hockey, baseball, basketball, and football cards(close to 20,000). I even have the full 1990 PGA set. I have two favorite cards.
1. Wayne Grezkty's second year card.
2.A Stanley Cup hologram card. Only 5000 Were made.

I've got a 1996 CHL All Star pro weight jersey. It was signed by all 40 players in the game.