Linux site of the week

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm going to try and find one site each week on the Interent that is full of Linux information. Not just a particular topic, but all types of information. For this week, I have choosen Del's Linux Page

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Speaking of Linux, I just picked up a book of Redhat 7.1 (which has the o/s); how hard do you think it'll be to cooperate on my laptop (p3-700) booting along with 98se/nt4/2k? I've only installed Linux once (Mandrake 7), but that was on my old p2-450 tower...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I've had two laptops. For some reason, the only Linux distribution...and I do mean ONLY,that worked was Remond Linux, which is based on Caldera. I tried Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, Slackware, TurboLinux, Progany, Storm...etc.. Never could get any of them to work. Remond however went right on in.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Thanks for the input; I put a search through Google just for my laptop and half the links dealt with installing Linux, so it may be possible.

*crosses fingers*

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well RH 7.1 installed without a hitch and detected most of my h/w right off the bat. Just got to tweak it now.

S

s4

I just installed Mandrake 8. It runs slower in my system than version 7 did.