Leave it alone, already

S

s4

I believe the recording industry will not be satisified until they are the only ones that can market/sell mp3 files. As long as people are trading online, the recording labels with be trying to end people using ripped files even if they own the cd from which they came from. Most companies would probably like to sell mp3 files if they can control their origin and keep them from being copied.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
I believe the recording industry will not be satisified until they are the only ones that can market/sell mp3 files. As long as people are trading online, the recording labels with be trying to end people using ripped files even if they own the cd from which they came from. Most companies would probably like to sell mp3 files if they can control their origin and keep them from being copied.

They are preparing to begin releasing UNRIPPABLE CD's. Hackers, do your thing.

Don't think the music companies can ever stop the illegal trading of mp3's. At most they can control it, but they're making some mission out of killing Napster completely, although it has no use.

There are still programs like KaZaA, besides Napster that is.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
You can still go to Morpheus(and other sites) and download songs from there. Why not stop them?
I got the new Jamiroquai song that doesn't come out until the 13th of this month.
How come one complained when people use to tape songs off the radio?
If their music is that good then people will buy their album and they should just shut up.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by Shadowfax
There are still programs like KaZaA, besides Napster that is.

Just watch out for Ezula, a little ad-proggie-it takes over & with no warning

ris

i am my my own evil twin
i've been using morpheus and like it quite a bit. it's not as extensive as napster but still good for most music.

however - the other guy in my office guy whacked by a virus two days ago so we're scanning everything now!