Kidnapped Utah girl

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
too important for TP&P. I'll move it there in the future. By now she's probably been molested & murdered & imagine what that will do to her 9yo sisters psyche for life. :mad:

Utah Police Search for Missing Girl
Wed Jun 5, 3:28 PM ET
By RICH VOSEPKA, Associated Press Writer

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A gunman forced his way into a house and abducted a 14-year-old girl Wednesday while her parents slept in their bedroom, police said.

Police said the man also threatened Elizabeth Smart's 9-year-old sister and said he would harm the teen if her sister said anything. The two girls share a bedroom in the home in the affluent Federal Heights neighborhood.

Her sister waited several hours before alerting her parents because of the threat, said Duane Baird, a Salt Lake City police spokesman.

"A two-hour window gives anyone the opportunity to be away from this area," Baird said.

Searchers began looking for clues before dawn Wednesday. Baird said the family's home is for sale and police are looking at a list of people who toured the house, a 7-bedroom home listed at $1.19 million. Police also are looking at the family's computer to see if the girl had contacted strangers online, he said.

The sister told police that the soft-spoken man got into the house by forcing open a window and had a small black handgun. Elizabeth was wearing red pajamas, and the man let her take a pair of shoes, police said.

1023504826.2818580496.jpg

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
this is why im taking psychology courses. i want to see why criminals do stuff like this and to see if theres a way to stop it before it happens. stories like this are sad and they make me angry that people like this live in the world.:mad: i know its a stupid dream but its what i want to try to do. crap like this has got to stop. im not just worried about the sis but also about her parents. they must feel so hopeless and powerless right now.

Gonzo

Staff member
Now they're looking for a homeless guy that was seen in the neighborhodd a couple of mornings before. A milkman saw him. I didn't even know milkmen still existed.

S

s4

I think the fact that her family has money is the reason the case is getting all the press. I am not unsympathetic, but I think if she had been from a family on welfare, the cops would of brushed it off.

Not to start any controversy, but I seem to recall that when Johnny Cash died, you all told me that thread had to be moved to the TP&P whether I wanted it there or not. Maybe I felt that the passing of Johnny was important too. This thread belongs in the TP&P. You should know that Gonz because you gave me a big lecture about why my news threads had to be there if I wanted to post them.

freako104

s4 i agree with what you said about the idea that the cops would ignore it and not investigate as much if the family was on welfare. about the thread controversy, i dont see why this wouldnt be in a news forum just as the passing of one of countrys best(and a personal fave of mine) Johhny Cash shouldnt be either. hwoever i think its because he was a celebrity is why its not in a news forum. i dont know all the details so thats an assumption. is there any way you can ask a moderator a senior moderator or an adminstator to move the Johhny Cash thread for you?

Gonzo

Staff member
this is more heinous than most kidnappings, that's why I put it here freak(10401) :D armed entry & scaring a 9 year old for life.

S

s4

They moved it for me alright. They moved it from this forum into the TP&P even though I told them I didn't want it moved. I am just telling Gonz to practice what he preaches.:D

Don't be concerned freako104, Gonz and I are good buddies. hehe. Or at least, I hope so. :o

freako104

gonzo i agree this was much more heinous than most kidnappings i was getting at more of why the JC thread had moved since it was still newsworthy. i didnt say anything about it not being heinous. in fact i said the opposite if you read the earlier post i made. but i sya any kidnapping is heinous cause anything from rape to murder can happen and its never just the person kidnapped thats victimised. but this was worse cause the 9 year old is scarred for life.

Gonzo

Staff member
Fri Jun 21, 4:16 PM ET

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) - Bret Edmunds, the drifter wanted for questioning in the abduction of a 14-year-old Utah girl, was caught Friday after he checked himself in to a West Virginia hospital with drug-related symptoms, federal authorities said.

Edmunds, 26, was in intensive care, authorities said. He was captured after he gave inconsistent information to hospital staff, who then tipped off authorities, said Mike Claxton, a deputy U.S. marshal.