Just reinstalled windows

fury

Administrator
Staff member
And it doesn't work!

just kidding :lol:

It works, and better than ever before, cause I used 98lite for the install.

Starting up the computer (with the exception of the 30-45 second pause that the NIC causes for some reason) and browsing my drives is VERY fast and snappy now, because a lot of the integration between Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer has been removed (e.g. IE is not started up when the computer starts up) :grin:

I CAN USE MY COMPUTER AGAIN! WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that lasted no longer than 5 days.

Back to the same old shiot that I freakin' reinstalled the damn thing to get rid of!

as soon as this thing locks up again, I'm installing a CD-ROM and putting win2k on it.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
join the club i gotta rebuild again this is just shiat!!! ya know if they would just get it right in one version id be happy and more than willing to pay...:mad: :mad:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I use win98 at home and at work. I rarelly have a problem with my home computer. My work computer is another story! Not a day goes by where I'm not restarting the damn thing.:mad:

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
I'm slowly getting sick of Win98 myself.. was waiting for my spankin' new HDD to migrate to 2k.. and the frickin' backup drive dies two hours before it gets there.. :rolleyes:

In any case I think I'll be moving to Linux before XP..

fury

Administrator
Staff member
XP crapped within 3 days

Explorer crashes repeatedly, I can't shut down the computer manually, and the power button doesn't work

Basically the same that happened with 2k

I think this computer has had it with me. :o