JOHN ROCKER TRADED

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
to the indians. The pitcher we all love to hate. What a deal it is too. Even though i dont care for him. He's still a good pitcher and i think if the indians can keep his mouth shut they got a winner on their hands...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
As a serious Braves fan, may I just say Thank God!

When Rocker's on, he's on, but he's usually liable to give up at least one, maybe four runs before Bobby Cox will pull his sorry butt on a bad day. This beyond the problems his mouth has to create in the clubhouse.

Good luck to the Indians, they may need it.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
In his first appearance for the Tribe he got the save with a perfect inning, and he should be particularly effective against powerful lefty lineups such as Seattle and New York. I can't stand that moron, and he's one of many out there I'd love to see fall flat on his face. I remember that before the Indians made the trade their GM, John Hart, sat down with the majority of the Indians to ask them whether he should make the trade for Rocker or not, so it's not like they had no way of preventing it.

Rocker rules, but i'm still trying to udnerstand why the Braves would trade their closer for a mid reliever...if anything they needed a started wiht Smoltz and Lightenberg out...why not Sabathia

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
never to be one to stray from a heated verbal exchange-
Rocker was asked HIS opinion(in the infamous article in SI), he has a right to HIS opinion, as do all liberals/conservatives/undecided in the land.
I think the KKK has a right to make fools of themselves too. However, if people want to put a stop to it here's the secret-don't participate-if the media didn't mention them & the NAACP didn't hold an anti-discrimination rally across town & the police didn't show up & the curious weren't-they'd be out of business in a week
just MY opinion :cool:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
You're absolutely right, Gonzo. The problem here is that this jerk-off was throwing bad vibes off in the clubhouse. You can't have that crap during a season when you're fighting the Phillies tooth and nail for 1st place.

Incidentally, Rocker has already called Chipper (Larry) Jones white trash, and Glavine and Smoltz Golden boys. What a winner. Such tact.

I'm not sure the Braves really need a "hot" closer. We've now had 3 in a row self-destruct or get close to it. Ligtenberg is a closer, but we need him healthy. IMO, our problem has always been middle relief. Good to see it get addressed.

All in all, the Braves just wanted to get rid of the whole Rocker situation.

ooohh, and my bad...i was thinking Milwood and i wrote Ligtenberg...sorry. But if anything, i think Remlinger should take over the closing duties.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Not a bad idea. I think Bobby's not doing it because you can usually count on Remolinger for 2 solid innings if necessary, but you'll burn out his arm if you use him like that everyday.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
GO DIAMONDBACKS & (return ownership to an individual, then)GO DODGERS :p

well, i do believe they used Remmy last year when Rocker was gone...not to mention they have Karsay now for some solid innings. but, what do i know, i'm not a Braves fan. :rolleyes: