Interruption in xibase.com email

fury

Administrator
Staff member
So, if anyone but me was still using their xibase.com email addresses, there was a previously inexplicable outage starting a few months ago.

It is still mostly inexplicable, but I think it may have had something to do with me forgetting to blackhole emails sent to recipients that don't exist at xibase.com. For four years. Yeeaahh.. so, basically, the mail server stored up something like 7 gigs in 1.1 million messages of spam, and got so clogged up it couldn't take it anymore. This prevented the receipt of any new mail to anyone at xibase.com, and prevented sending of any mail from xibase.com as well. What is still inexplicable is why it's still broke now that I've cleared out the mailbox.

Therefore, I'm going to pull a fury and completely change it all of a sudden. I'm going to move the xibase.com mail system over to Google apps. This only allows me to have up to 10 users for free, but it comes with Google's awesome spam filtering, all of Google's other fine services, and usually works, unlike the stuff I do.

If anyone who previously had a xibase.com email address still wants one, let me know and I'll set you up with one. If you were still checking it and wondering why you weren't getting spam for the last 3 months, well, now you know, and sorry about that.

:beerbang: