Interesting Q3 mod

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Man, things have really changed for the Generations world.

You should've seen Generations for Quake 2. The pre-release version had levels converted from Doom 2 (one, the Cyberdemon level) and Quake (in fact, the entire first episode from Quake was converted) and you could play as anyone ranging from the Wolfenstein guy, to the Doom guy, Quake guy, or the Quake 2 guy. Everything that was originally 2d was created in 3d, and everything that was already in 3d was converted over to the Quake 2 engine. That's where the Generations team got hit hard. The wizards of id issued a cease and desist unless the mod radically changed to suit their legal needs. They decided to discontinue it and pull the download off of the server, as going back on all the work the team already did and changing it all seemed pointless.

I still have the last version of the 30-some meg pre-release file :D :D :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Yeah I remember that; I was wondering if these were the same guys.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. I was an early follower of the Generations team... in fact, the Generations messageboard was the very first messageboard I had ever posted on. Got some very good memories from way back then. *sniff* :cry2:

Acid

stud
generations is awesome. a must download for anyone who slightly likes quake 3. i love generations. it'll be fun to see how skilled players choose a class and excel :)

Acid

stud
It pulls all of the "classes" from Id's previous games. You can be "doom" , "slipgater" , "stroggos" , or "arena" . All 4 have the weapons of their respected game title, which makes each class distinct and deadly in their own way. Fun fun :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I remember Generations for Q2 had almost the exact physics for each game... including the extremely fast rockets from Q1...anyone who picked the Q1 guy and got a rocket launcher practically owned the match