Interesting baseball weekend

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
D'backs first trip to Bosox and...

By Chuck Johnson USA TODAY

Forty years later, the San Francisco Giants finally meet up with the New York Yankees in the first meaningful game between the teams since the Yankees beat the Giants 1-0 in Game 7 of the 1962 World Series.

The three-game series at Yankee Stadium starts Friday and is one of the highlights of this season's first weekend of interleague play. Other matchups include the Arizona Diamondbacks against the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park and an all-Missouri rivalry when the Kansas City Royals host the St. Louis Cardinals.

For the first time, clubs in the National League East face the American League Central, the NL Central plays against the AL West and the NL West squares off against the AL East.

Gonzo

Staff member
The NL West is off to a good start. AZ & Giants WIN games 1

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
AZ has won both games; Giants and Yanks have split so far. Rubber game today.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Thanks AZ for sweeping Boston! :headbang:

Now prepare for some revenge! :rocket:

Gonzo

Staff member
AZ vs the Yankees. Hmmm, how did this go again? Oh yea, Arizona Diamondbacks WORLD SERIES WINNER. :wave:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
1 championship vs. 26 championships. :yawn:

If anything, they just made us madder...hopefully after getting swept by AZ, Boston will finally (eventually?) go into their annual tailspin. :wave:

Gonzo

Staff member
5 years vs infinity. It's impossible for AZ to have that kind of record in under a decade:D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
The Braves will be happy to start the Red Sox slide for ya, Huge.

We just have to deal with these pesky Twins first. Those guys are a bitch to beat at home.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
:D

Do the Twins play the Expos in Interleague? Can you say contraction?

...I knew you could!

Gonzo

Staff member
AZ is the first team from last years WS to win in the others homepark. 1/3 ain't bad.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
The Twins are doing the same thing as last year, getting a surprising start and building a decent, but not overwhelming, lead over the pathetic AL Central, and they'll slide around the All-Star break. The Sox are trying to do everything possible to lose the division. They have a terrific lineup, but other than Buehrle they have almost no pitching, and they proved it today by letting .188 batting average Hundley go 3 for 4 with 2 HRs and 3 runs, haha. :cool: I think Cleveland will end up winning the division, regardless of cutting their payroll drastically from last year.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Clemens is pitching this afternoon at Shea; wear your combat helmets!