If you want a nice treat this week...

unclehobart

this is my special title
Go down to a market in a reasonably large Jewish population area and look for an area with set asides for Passover Kosher materials. You migh find some Coca Cola there. If it is a yellow cap (not always) bearing the letters OUP in the coding, it is made from good old fashioned sugar. It lasts only for like 2 weeks ... so go grab all you can.

unclehobart

this is my special title
For those of us who grew up on it... the taste is 10 times better. Your generation never knew it, so you might not be able to pick out the difference. All I can tell you is to buy a normal coke along side of this coke and then do a taste test.

For me, it is a godsend since im allergic to corn. This is the only soda I will get all year round.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:eek:

Don't diet drinks use some artificial sweetener instead of corn syrup though?

unclehobart

this is my special title
A. Aspartame (aka nutrasweet) is still a corn product... just in a different form.

B. Diet soda is satans toe jam. I will not touch it.

Now I have 12 2liter bottles to ration out over the next 2 months. I might have to gobble up some more. The only problem with stocking up for war is that the stuff is only good in the plastic for about 10 weeks before it starts to degrade.

tommyj27

teh ho-bot
you're allergic to corn? that must be tough, there's corn in some many things. do you break out when exposed to gasoline with ethanol?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Damn, Unc. Will it store better if kept in a cellar? Cool and dark? How about cans. Any cans availible?

unclehobart

this is my special title
No kosher cans or glass that I know of. Its just 2 liter bottles... at least in the Atlanta market it is. The Jewish strongholds of Florida and New York might command more diversity in the offering... but certainly not here. Its not so much sunlight and heat as an issue of plastic being a shitty storage medium. Don't fret for me though. I can always fall back to Red Rock Cola for a while to keep the soda fixation monkey off of my back. It just doesn't taste like coke. What bottles I do have are already in a dark pantry.

unclehobart

this is my special title
No idea if my skin breaks out when in contact with ethanol. The normal gasoline effect of stripping the meat from my bones is bad enough. I will say that corn starch baby powder has caused rashes, lesions, and ulcerations to me on prolonged exposures.

unclehobart

this is my special title
It was just divorce, not abandonment. I ended up with dad is all. Mom was kind of about until I was hmm...15-16. She then moved down south nearer to her parents. Shes a sweet lady and all that; don't get me wrong. She just had nil to do with my upbringing past the age of 7.