I want house shaking bass from my comp

Does anyone use on board sounds. I would like to know if I should stick with my SB LIve on go with the 6 channel on board sound.

Do you have a subjective experience?

Also I am thinking of Klipse 5.1 system for the speakers. It's expensive but I like to hear some good aerobic bumping music when I work out.

But would my on board sound from the Soyo be enough?

ty ^^

fury

Administrator
Staff member
On-board sound usually has good quality. I'm using one half of a Klipsch v.2-400 on the onboard sound, works pretty well, although I'm not enough of an audiophile to tell a difference between it and PCI-card audio.

But I'd think you would have better results with the 6-channel onboard sound, unless your SB Live is 6-channel too

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
I've never had luck with onboard sound so i keep it shut off and let by soundblasters do all the work. My onboard sound always seems to pop at high volume when playing certain electronic music. It's Gotta be clean or it's not worthy of my beats.

rrfield

I have the Klipsch 2.1 system, its pretty loud.

I am kind of an audiophile and I cannot stand the onboard sound of my Amptron board. I got a SBLive 5.1 and its a bit better, still not as good as even middle of the road home audio equipment. I have my Klipsch 2.1 hooked up to my reveiver. Play a CD from the computer through the sound card...then play it through a CD player....what a difference!

Don't let me get started on MP3s :)

Richard Field
[email protected]