BIOS
- Award BIOS on 2Mb Flash ROM
- Supports APM v1.2 & ACPI v1.0
- User settings for hardware monitoring
- Auto-configuration of IDE hard drive types
- Muliple boot options
- DMI 2.0 compliant

Form Factor
- ATX footprint (12" x 9.6", 304.80 x 243.84mm)
- One 20-pin ATX power connector
- Stacked parallel (one) and serial (two) ports
- Stacked USB (two) ports and LAN (one-optional) ports
- Stacked keyboard and mouse ports

Attachments

• mbm-2266-1600.jpg
    mbm-2266-1600.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 101

systembuilder

Folding@home
hey not so bad neo you could have really went dark side
by getting an intel mobo with the cpu i dont like the intel mobo
cuz they dont work with a dam.. been building with the new kt3 aru ultra msi mobo its kick ass... so far:smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'll let you slide on this one occasion, Neo, since the next best thing you have is a P3 733, but you BETTER overclock that sumbitch! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!

It is IMPERATIVE that you attempt at all costs to retain your sense and sanity, and the only way you can keep it while under the influence of a P4 is to overclock the hell out of it.

Kruz

Staff member
How much? and is the p4 "retail"? or did you have to get a new HSF for it? how is that mobo as far as Overclocking potential?
I was going to get the KR7a-133 to replace my Smoked KG7..
but I'm also thinking about the KX7333...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
199.99 from tiger. i got the setup from tiger direct.
it didnt come with a hsf but i got the globalwin for 20.00 and its doing great. Havent tried to OC it yet(sorry fury dude) but plan to in the near future. I have been very happy with it so far. :)

trinity1

1 of 3
Neo?

Have you bought anything else from Tigerdirect, Neo? I have spent a lot of money buying equipment from them and have had absolutely no problems. On line or on the phone with tigerdirect was a very professional experience with no hassles. Personally I have recommended this company to friends and family without any return comments other than the ones I stated here. :)

Acid

stud
Not only have you stepped to the dark side, you stepped to the ignorant side of the dark side :D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I have been buying from them for 6 years, I have had a couple problems but only when i bought refurbished motherboard and modem. other than that, I get my orders ontime and i get all the help i need.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
NEO!!! How could you?!?!

Don't worry, we will get you back to thinking straight soon...... it'll take a little work, but we can still salvage you...... ;)

You do need to overclock that puppy though. How is everything working? What made you switch? Any problems with anything?

As for TigerDirect, I have ordered from them quite a bit, but I never have recommended them as some people have had trouble. I hate to recommend anyone at all in case something goes wrong......:(

Post some scores dude!!!

Attachments

• 300mhz ddr cpu bencha.jpg
    300mhz ddr cpu bencha.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 72

AMDnut

You should be able to kick that 1.6 to 2.0-2.2 on air pretty easy. Maybe I missed it, but waht memory sticks are you running? I've been using the KingMax TinyBGA PC2700 for a while now and it does 150FSB easy on this XP rig. 256mb for around $80 at www.crazypc.com up in Michigan, with great service too. C'mon, crank up the speed! :whip:

Attachments

• 300mhz ddr mm bencha.jpg
    300mhz ddr mm bencha.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 72

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
back to stock numbers using the arithmetic bench

Attachments

• mathbench.gif
    mathbench.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 67

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the price was right. :) I know i just havent had very much luck with the last 2 AMD boards ive bought. lost over 500.00 on the 2 boards and cpu's. so i thought i would try intel again.
I gotta get sandra instlled and ill post some scores.

AMDnut

Yeah, I know you've had trouble with the boards.... I feel bad cause I told you I thought the KG7 was a good board, then yours goes south....:(

I've been lucky so far... (wood):smash:

I have really been thinking of getting an Intel board with a 1.6-1.8 to play with and overclock the hell out of it. Maybe even play with water......:eek: but the funds are not available right now.

Maybe soon though, I have a couple of system upgrades to do for people and I may try an Intel rig in one......

AMDnut

Man, Gonz is smokin' now!

Memory scores after a little tweakage.........

Attachments

• 300mhz ddr mem bencha.jpg
    300mhz ddr mem bencha.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 63

greenfreak

Re: Neo?

trinity1 said:
Have you bought anything else from Tigerdirect, Neo? I have spent a lot of money buying equipment from them and have had absolutely no problems. On line or on the phone with tigerdirect was a very professional experience with no hassles. Personally I have recommended this company to friends and family without any return comments other than the ones I stated here. :)

The first time I ordered from them, I had problems every step of the way. My order was charged on the wrong card, shipped to the wrong place, and they were not helpful in any way. Never did they admit that they had made a mistake and since your order confirmation has very little information on it, there was no way for me to prove on paper what had happened. Even though one of their employees called me to confirm the credit card-and I told them they had the wrong information. They never corrected the info. Up till the point where I hung up on the second manager I spoke to, I received incorrect information every step of the way and terrible customer service.

Since the order was for 90% of the components of my new computer, I didn't refuse the shipment nor file a credit card complaint. I should have. Instead I went to the online rating website (I forget the name) and filed complaints.

Just a word of advice: if you already have an account and want to make an order with anything other than the default credit card/address than what the account says, don't. Create a new account. They're not bright enough to tell the difference and not big enough to admit they made mistakes.

trinity1

1 of 3
Damn, I'm truly sorry to hear that Greens!! That is quite a bad experience since you needed everything to create a computer!
I had ordered 3 complete computer setups from them since 1997 plus a load of extra components without an incident. But I certainly understand your dislike for them. In your shoes, I would too. I feel like calling them to chew them out on behalf of you!!
Good Luck in your future endeavors.:)

AMDnut

I have heard similar stories about TigerDirect, but luckily they have treated me well. I use NewEgg for a lot now as well.

NEO - We want to see 2.0ghz outa that ther' set up o'yers!!!:cool:

systembuilder

Folding@home
the stories about TigerDirect are a sad and true!!
i've had friends order stuff from them when i was out of town
and oh man what a mess it was. now they just wait for me to get back..