I remember when...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
when the future was predicted to have inexpensive, good voice recognition, massively powerful (we're talking instantaneous calculations and even consciousness! :eek: ) computers, and HOVERCARS.

Well, we're here in the future... so where's our voice recognition, massively powerful computers, but more importantly where's our damn hovercars?

I have yet to see even one hovercar whirring along the road. NOT ONE!

How hard could it possibly be?

br0ck

We haven't even gone back to the moon yet.......geez, it seems like nothing is moving forward anymore. Except for my age.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I'm sorry to inform you of this my son, our leaders are liars, our science is broken & our capitalistic society only wants bigger, better, faster & cheaper when there is a buck or 10000 to be made. Hover cars mean that 10zillion Shell\Exxon workers are too stupid to quit polluting, err, drilling, 2.7million auto-manufacturing employees are too unionized to do more than install wheels with lugnuts & the populace as a whole is too scared to talk to a machine.
In relativity, we already have mega-powered computers, remember the commodore 64?
These are lesson to take to heart, but never give up hope-just expect the worst.