I love PHP

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to let you know that I am in love with a programming language :D

NEWMAN

Live GEEK Radio
Mee too

Its not that bad when you can get it to work ... and if you know the in's and outs.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a screenshot of a simple PHP script I made to process orders of tires, bottles of oil, and spark plugs, calculating the total (and a discount if you ordered a lot of tires) and then saving the order to disk.

Here is the screenshot of the PHP script that displays the order amount, total cost, address, and how the person was referred to Bob's Auto Parts store. It also provides a link (and a warning of what it will do) to clear the database of orders. That last one was my idea

Here is the screenshot of the PHP script used to clear the database.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
PHP is basically a programming language for the web... with it, you can create dynamic pages and good stuff like that.

For instance, the home page of xibase, as well as this bulletin board, is powered by PHP and MySQL (a relational database management system)

Other programming languages for the web include Perl and ASP, but PHP owns them ;)

Since PHP is open source it can run on virtually any web server, and that's why it's the future of the web.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
btw, thanks go to Samb0nium for the book :cool:

i WILL repay you, damnit!

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I'll have to check it out. I know a bit of asp and our company uses a proprietary language similar to cold fusion.

K

krusty

PHP is an awesome language for sure, I've only done a few minor hacks with it, never created anything from scratch.

I'm using vbscript - ASP at the moment, its really easy to use and follows on from my dbase programming experience