I AM QUALIFIED FOR DSL!@#

fury

Administrator
Staff member
AWW ****ING **** HELL YEAH!@#

- This address IS qualified for DSL service
- 768 (96kb per second) download, 128 (16kb per second) upload
- $50/mo :o
- Ameritech says 30 days (the rep I talked with says they take less than 30 days to get there but just say that)
- If I want a router, it's $200 :eek: from Ameritech or I can just go get my own at the store or something
- DSL Modem is $10 a month to rent or $200 :eek: to buy it
- Installation is free to do a self-install or $200 :eek: to get Ameritech to do it
- I am allowed to run a server on the connection :grin:

bigteethgrin.gif

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Aw shut the **** up! ;)

Actually, I'm qualified for both; just too poor to pay for it!

...remembers 1.5mb DSL connection just a few months back...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
$60/mo to get the service and rent the modem can be cancelled out by killing off one of the phone lines (that'll bring around $40, plus nobody ever calls that number anymore except telemarketers), plus the dialup account is $20/mo in the first place

Kick ****ING ASS!@#$@#%#@#

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
It's one of the best moves I've made in years, getting cable for myhome computer and I managed to get the boss to get DSL for work.
It's been a good year.

Hope you have as much fun and happiness as I did when I got mine. It's almost like getting some pu**y for the first time.
WOO HOO!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I just now re-reverified with my ISP whether or not I'm available (because if I recall, they said I was ready the last time, and when I had my hopes so high and they were about to come and install it, they said it wasn't available)

Looks like I'm still ready, so WOOHOO!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
go ahead & hump his leg, probably not the first time, just don't (ahem) mess his leg:lol:

glad to hear it:thup:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
They received the contract a few days ago. I should be expecting it within this month or early November. :cool:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I got the self-install kit today.

bigteethgrin.gif

Now I have to wait for the Service Completion Date (I guess fancy talk for the DSL guy coming here and taking 2 hours to turn a switch I could locate and turn in 5 minutes over the phone)

:cry2:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Is the service completion date a big secret? Tell em you're doing life saving research for Stanford...you need this connection NOW!:smash: