How 'bout dem Hoosiers

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I don't like basketball, so this is, I understand, a good thing?

Shocker in South: Hoosiers knock off Blue Devils
By Mike Lopresti, Gannett News Service

LEXINGTON, Ky. — Amid the rumble of a mighty upset, it was hard to decide what was more shocking:

How Duke blew a 17-point lead ... how the Blue Devils were manhandled on the boards ... how they faltered in the final minutes into a puddle of missed shots and fouls ... how Jason Williams' career ended with a missed free throw that refused to fall with four seconds left and the season on the line.

Whatever, the king is dead. The top-ranked defending champion Blue Devils were taken down 74-73 Thursday night by an Indiana team that rewrote the book in perseverance in the NCAA South Regional.

The Hoosiers will face Kent State, who beat Pittsburgh 76-71, Saturday for a berth in the Final Four.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Umm ... My moms side of the family is from indiana, so anytime the Hoosiers are on fire, ol gramps is all smiles. Duke has been the shit for the last 3 years, so anytime they get stuffed is a shocker.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
we'll see how they handle KENT... i want them to win but kent is who they lost to last year too.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
This is getting old, especially with a IU grad, from last Dec, living next door & having full access to my house

Indiana 73, Oklahoma 64

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
man it was a great effort. ah well something for bob to be proud of. I know Mike Davis is....:)