Hippo-crit?

Am I a hippo?

• Hell no ... cars definitely warrant taking vacation time and driving 1000 miles each way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep, yer a hippo.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Professur

Mushroom at large
Just caught myself thinking ... One of the children here at work (25 years old) scheduled a week of vacation time for the release of GTA5 ... and I thought to myself ... how friggin pathetic do you have to be for the release of a video game to warrant a week's vacation time? Then it occurred to me ... I've booked days off for the last 4 years to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise car parade in Detroit. But I can't quite equate the two ... The Dream Cruise is a huge event celebrating the industry that built the US.

But at the same time, I can't quite shake the thought that I'm being hypocritical on the whole thing. What do you think?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Yup. Total hypocrite. Nothing wrong with taking vacation to do something you love, even if it is video games, I once spent 2 days of a week vacation watching all the Harry Potter movies with a friend. I loved it. On a sort of related note, I have been at my job long enough now that I have more vacation than I can reasonably use to go away. I use some of it for random days for the beach, shopping, sleeping in, etc.