Hey Deano, got a question fer ya.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
My aunt 'as a 96 Cadillac in which she rencently'ad the tranny rebuilt. Thing is now when ya first start it up, it lurches forward like when ya put it in gear only it's still in park.
The guy who did the work on the tranny kept the car for like 10 weeks, (some joker my unc knew). He charged her like $1200.00 but now this problem 'as recenctly surfaced. Is it jus' an adjustment?

Deanril

96' Cadilacs are like finely oiled sewing machines,you CANNOT just have anybody rebuild the tranny.

The thing about cadilac is,if there is some new technology out ,you can bet that cadilac will have it first ,they are the "ginny pig" of GM.

They always mass produce new stuff that turns bad after they allready sold 100,000+ of that same model ect....

The only advice I can offer is to take it to a Cadilac Dealer ,and thats about it.They will want to rebuild most likely ,so another $1500 probably ,but dont let anybody work on that car you will only get into trouble,I suggest Dealer only, they are getting more and more reasonable then they use too ,on prices.

Cadilacs are EXTREMELY sophisticated ,everything from the Aircondition to the Windshield Wipers are computer controlled and have tons of sensors ,I would have to guess the Tranny has atleast 10 computer solenoids and about 10 sensors alone ,the Airconditioning has 15 or so Solenoids and about 15 sensors aswell ,again a finely oiled sewing machine inwhich is best to take to dealer ,very sophisticated and problamatic.

I have rebuilt easy automatic transmassions ,like a "turbo 350" even those you have to have experiece ,one little piece missing and all kinds of troubles .

S

s4

Buying a Cadillac was her first mistake. Everything you do as far as service and parts are concerned are going to cost an arm and a leg.

Dean is right about them having all the new tech and being difficult to service.

I had a Cadillac once and will never buy one again.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Thanks s4! She plans to try to sell it in the near future. Jus' hopin' to get through the winter what some semblence of reliabilty after all the money spent. Thought I'd ask in case there was a "simple" adjustment to correct the symptom described above. At least it gits 'er around.:)