hello.....

jopes

Your Nightmare
doesn't anyone use this forum?

I mean come on folks been a while since I came here from this system and the thing still has no lights.

Lets wake it up and use it! :D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I would but that would mean more problems with the battlecruiser... Which i dont want.

PS. I do need to get tires for the beast yet:D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I haven't been driving much. The last tank of gas I put it my truck lasted over a month and I notice there are some cobwebs going from the sideview mirror to the door. :scared:

Deanril

Allright you punks!!! You feeling lucky ,or....."you feel lucky Punk!?!?!?!"

Im here!! Ask your question Professor ,I cant make heads or tells outs that old post .

Deanril

year make and model ,and engine size please ,and Ill send you a wiring diagram ,also an explanation where the other 2 wires goes: all cars are different there is no set place for the other 2 wires.

In addition ,you had no radio noise before when you reved the car and now you do ,in all my experiences that noise omits from the rectifier bridge and the diodes (stuff in the alternator), usually when they go bad that occurs ,you may also find excessive AC voltage aswell ,if you took a Multimeter and hooked it up to the batt ,you may find 1-5 volts AC voltage ,meaning Diodes on the bridge are bad.

New alt may be in order.

A piece of advice........ you install a "used " alt ,then another ect.... nothing but problems since , why not just buy a decent rebuilt/almost new alt and be done with the headache?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Model exact Dodge Colt premier, 1.6L turbo.

As for why I went used, $40 used, $200 new. Paid $800 for car.

BTW, the parts I'm getting from the scrap yard are from a Hyundia Excel. But they're all sporting the Mitsubishi logo. Cept the last one, which is a bosch.

I have a wiring diagram from the Hayes manual, I just can't make head or tail of it.

As for the radio noise, the new alt had a fan that the others didn't and it chewed up the main wiring race. One of the wires was the main alt-batt lead.

jopes

Your Nightmare
Actually if you took some 400 grit wet dry sand paper and sanded the armiture down. you probably could have gotten new brushes, bearings, and stator for under $40 and had a damn near new alternator.

Deanril

Sorry been REAL busy............

Looks like 3 wires here: Blue Yellow and White.

Blue :probably the thick one goes to the battery

Yellow: goes to the instament cluster to the guage or idiot charge light.

White: also ends up at the battery ,white also connects and powers up fuse #12 and the light switch for hatch back and sedan.

For wagon blue powers up light switch and #12 fuse. Ultimately both blue and white connect directly to battery ,with an inline fusable link.

On the wagon the yellow wire also branches of to a diode resisterthen comes out as black and white and goes to the ignition switch.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Ok, so what's going on if, when I start the engine, the battery light stays on until I blip the gas?