San Francisco vs. Green Bay
12:30 PM ET
On: FOX
At: Lambeau Field

Baltimore vs. Miami
4:00 PM ET
On: CBS
At: Pro Player Stadium
(can they both lose? Oaklands final game last yeat & first this year, both losses)

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Which of the two ABC games is the MNF team doing? I rather have them than Musberger and some other clown.

(edit: I would assume the Jets-Raiders, since that would be prime-time :()

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
As a Bears fan, I'd prefer to play Philadelphia, because I'd rather have to play Green Bay, if at all, in the NFC title game. I don't want to play San Francisco because they'd be out for revenge for our little miracle comeback win against them earlier this year. :D Tampa bay doesn't scare me much, and they seem to be a step below the other playoff teams and I don't see them getting very far. The Rams scare everyone, but I believe the Bears would have a shot against them in the dome since our defense is very fast on turf (except for 379 pound DT Keith Traylor, for anyone who saw that hilarious 14 second 67 yard interception return last week :lol: ).

Oakland has looked pretty bad as of late, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets beat them again. I don't think Baltimore stands a chance if they can't score any offensive TDs while inside their opponent's 5 yard line (like they had so often on MNF), but I'll be rooting like hell for them, because I hate Wanny so much. :mad: Unless there's a battle of field goals, I don't see anyone beating Pittsburgh.

S

s4

I would love to see the Bears play the Rams in the championship game. However, I doubt they will get that far. They seem to fold in big games.

They met a playoff callibur team in Green Bay twice and lost both games. If they meet Green Bay again, they will probably lose. I'd rather see them play SF because I think they at least have a chance of winning.

I think the Rams could pile up the score against them. They have an offense capable of scoring a lot of points, but the Bears need to keep the opposition down to less than 14 points to win.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The Raiders showed they were only resting up for the playoffs, so watch out NE Patsys:beerchug:

S

s4

Next weekend could determine whether I watch any more games this season. If both the Packers and Bears loose, my interest will be pretty much kaput. Actually, I would like to see both of them in the championship game in Chicago.

Gonzo

Staff member
Saturday 01/19/02

Philadelphia vs Chicago
4:30PM Fox

Oakland vs New England
8PM CBS

Sunday 01/20/02
Baltimore vs Pittsburgh
12:30PM CBS

Green Bay vs St Louis
4PM Fox

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I think Green Bay could give St. Louis some trouble. I didn't watch yesterday's game but the Rams play the 49ers 2x every year and it would be hard to show something new imo.

Good games all around this weekend.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
This thread depresses me, I got what I want and it backfired. :(

I can borrow the Cubs slogan though:

Wait 'til next year!

Gonzo

Staff member
It no longer matters-the NFL & Prez Bush have fixed the game so that the PATRIOTS win, in honor of the victims of 09/11.

Watch the game to see, I'll say I told you so afterwards.

Fury, there's something wrong with the date of this reply. I posted it last week, err, today, a week before the game

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Gonzo said:
Fury, there's something wrong with the date of this reply. I posted it last week, err, today, a week before the game

Hey, you're the mod in this forum, why don't you fix it, just like Bush fixed the Super Bowl?

Ha ha, didn't think you could! :p :D :smash: