Happy meals aint what they used to be

habaneroman

Would you still call it fast food?
Don't the guys get any treats?
ronaldagain.jpg

Professur

Mushroom at large
This weeks POS toy is the Inspector Gadget II nightlight. What shit.

Anyone else remember when the happy meal came in a box instead of a paper bag?

PuterTutor

They do still use boxes here, at least some of the time. Sometimes its in bags, sometimes boxes. I think it just depends on the current theme.

greenfreak

Don't you hate it when you don't have proper cup holders?

They don't put our soda in bags, they hand them to you. I had one that fell over as I went around a turn and spilled half of it into the deep console I had. I had cassette tapes, papers, cigarettes, a lighter, change and toothpicks bobbing around in a lake of soda. I never got all of it out and on really hot days I could still smell it. :lol:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I've learned that even with proper cup holders, usually you still have to hold them unless there's someone else in the car with you. In that respect, I have become a master at driving with one hand. :eek:

greenfreak

Boy, it didn't take you long to pick up bad driving habits, huh? :nono:

I have three of them and only one is really good where I don't have to hold it. If I have a passenger with a drink also, I commendeer the good cup holder cus I'm the driver damnit. :headbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my car's cup holders would work if they were big enough to fit McDonalds' super size drinks. :retard: They work OK for small and medium ones.

But there's only 2 of them. That kinda makes it hard to fit them all in there if you're buying for the whole family. Sometimes I just have to trust McDonalds' crappy cup holders made out of paper.

I wouldn't have to pick up bad driving habits if I would drive slow enough that just sitting the drinks in the passenger seat would be sufficient, but if I drive that slow, I piss off more people than I'd piss off by having to slow down a little more to make turns.

greenfreak

[defensive driving instructor]No excuses young man. Driving is a priveledge, not a right, and should be treated as such. :nono:[/defdrive]

:D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be happy to know I just figured out the center console can hold their supersize drinks when it is open all the way. I no longer have to drive with one hand, unless I'm using one to slap one of my passengers upside the head :D

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Actually, they put kind of a paper base inside the bag to hold the soda. Didn't work well needless to say. I would still drive with only one hand to ensure it doesn't happen again. In fact I drive one hand most of the time, because of the habit of laying the right hand around the gear stick.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The gear stick in my car only changes when I'm parking or doing a turnabout. Automatics rule. :beerbang:

I know technically I'm way too inexperienced to drive with one hand, but damnit, sometimes my other hand is too tired. (yes, sometimes from wanking, but also sometimes from DRIVING)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
The cup holder in my truck BLOWS. It doesn't hold any size togo cups right. The small and mediums flop around and dump when you turn the corner....and it's pret-ty hard to steer, downshift and hold the cup at the same time. The giant cups fit snugly in the hole, unfortunately they're too tall to stand up straight in the cup holder.:mad:

greenfreak

fury, if you ever own a standard shift, you might change your mind about automatics.

I didn't like them either till I inherited a car with a stick shift. I really miss that car. It's a whole different driving experience, being in that much control. Not only that, there are things you can do with a stick shift that you can't do with an automatic.

But if you ever get stuck in traffic, you'll rue the day. ;)