Great White tragedy

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Talk about bad news. Included in the missing is a guitarist & the sound man. Stupid club owners. (no sprinklers)

WEST WARWICK, R.I. - A nightclub erupted into flames during a pyrotechnics display at a rock concert, killing at least 54 people and injuring more than 150 as mobs of concertgoers frantically rushed to escape the raging fire.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
the only real problem was that the ceilings were only 12-15 foot tall. who in their right mind would even consider setting off any pyro in a building that short. I think the real problem was that GW just didnt want to face the fact they are now playing in small clubs and not areana's anymore.
The building supposedly met code. Sprinklers were not there because the bldg was old enough that it was grandfathered in.
Thats a seperate problem in itself.
Bottom line is the GW staff should have realized that it was to small a club to light any of it off.
I do care that people have lost their lives but the blame should fall on the staff that allowed the pyro to even be used.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I heard alot of people didn't leave immediately because they thought the fire was part of the show...and the band didn't stop playing right away.