Fish Tanks

iwajabitw

Any tank lovers. I used to have about 10 of various sizes. Sold or traded them all except my 125g. I keep African Frontosa Cichlids from Lake Tanganyika, along with Mbuna Cichlids from Lake Malawi. About time to restock.. The fronts are fish eaters and sometimes the wipe the mbuna out over a couple of years. Depends on how aggressive the mbuna is. I had 1 front that lived 15yrs, but he didn't do well after we moved from an apt to our house in 2011.

iwajabitw

Pic of a Burundi Frontosa

Attachments

• 3580d4ad-23b2-4d2b-b20e-d3a6644c8031_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    3580d4ad-23b2-4d2b-b20e-d3a6644c8031_TapatalkEditedImage.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 3

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I have a 10 gallon filled with fish I never bought (thanks bro) :/

Professur

Mushroom at large
A friend of mine is/was a fanatic. But then, he's a fanatic about everything while it holds his attention. Built a giant (1000g?) tank for salt water fish .. paid for special ultra clear glass (doesn't look green when seen on edge), protein removers, UV filters, etc, etc, etc. Spent thousands ... then quit his job and couldn't afford to run it. Sold off all the corals, fish, shrimp, etc.

Every couple of years I'll start a tank of Seamonkeys.

iwajabitw

Love salts, had a few reefs, but the lighting/skimming costs were ridiculous. Fish only can be affordable, but those corals need the TLC I don't have time for.

Professur

Mushroom at large
He bought "live rock" from someone .. only to find out too late that it had live worms of some sort in them. Apparently one was nearly 3 foot long.

iwajabitw

Damn that would be ugly. All of the saltwater shops here have closed up but one. Petco and Petsmart so far haven't went salt.

iwajabitw

Been working on it all weekend. Added some new fish and lighting

Attachments

• WP_20141201_11_08_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141201_11_08_35_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

iwajabitw

Took my glass tops out a few weeks back for better light penetration in the water. Also set up a full lighting sequence of sun rise/set, daytime, lunar lighting for better spawning. Developed a lot of condensation under the canopy and on the lights I now have mounted to the lid. Long story short I wired up 2 60mm computer fans to a 4.8v wall wart, 12v was too loud. One sucking in and one blowing out on opposite ends. 2 days now with no condensation build up, Yes.