First-Person-Shooters

soulo

Hi, its me again,

I bet your saying to yourself (damn, whens this dude gonna shut up! :]) hehe, well, I thought it would be interesting if I started a thread like this up, since I am a hardcore gamer, and I know others are too. So feel free to check this out and post if you want! :)

Got any cool facts, tips, ways to improve ones gameplay, or if you just wanna shoot the shit, please feel free to post anything cool in this thread, anything at all about your favorite "first-person-shooter" games.

These games enclude (but are not limited to):

Quake II
Quake III: Arena
Half-Life
Rogue Spear
KingPin
Return To Castle Wolfenstein (new!)

Just to name a few, I know there are much more games like these out there, and if you have anything, anything at all to say about them, feel free to post it, thanks alot.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I play Quake 2 sometimes, but mostly Quake 3, and whenever I play, it's RA3 or nothing.

Tip? I've got one thing to say: RUN

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I play Q2, UT on network(rarely in these days). In single player my favourites are Shogo: Mobile Armor Division and Deus Ex. Gonna try Half-Life soon. I fear I can't say much about tips, I'm normally below the average in these games. :o

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I have all the classics going back to Doom. Currently trying to get though AvsP2/marine on a pos computer. :(

Soler^

YAY! My first post

Hiya peeps,

I play Q2 most of the time, either CTF or RA2.
Like yourself though theres many more,
HalfLife is a classic game, one of the best imo.
Ways to improve gaming? I would say just play loads (as you prolly do) and play on the net against very good players and you have to learn or take a beating each time you go on :D

hope my first post made sence heheh
:rolleyes:

exile

My online gaming started with Q2 DM, then CTF, then RA2. CTF has basically died (well on OGL). One game that my neighbor introduced me to is Shogo, and until Noite said something about it, I didnt think anyone had ever played that game. The graphics are really good for when the game came out, and I really love to play that game, 'tis awesome. I mostly play Quake 2/Quake 3 (single player) since 56k is crap on q3. Wanting to play the new Wolf game, I'll have to get my hands on it.

Kruz

Staff member
Just finished Max Payne - Great Game!
Just downloaded and installed Empire Earth..*not a shooter but still a cool game*

Acid

stud
Q3A (ra3.cpma) (others @ lans)
RtCW
Deus Ex
Alien vs Predator 2 (sp only)

soulo. when i played q2. tip. keep away from my railgun :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was on and off for rocking with the railgun in Q2, and I was pretty decent at the rocket. In Q3 I just suck with every weapon tho.

:retard: its no secret...i mostly play Counter-Strike, and theres finally servers that ban hackers and jerks. Now, with my new spray (see avatar) i can advertise for XI !!!!:retard:

WOW :eek:

I'm amazed that only one person briefly mentioned playing UT.

I think UT is kick a$$.

I have played Quake III arena, and it seems that it is neat, but why is it loved so much over UT.

I play Counterstrike, Team Fortress Classic, and Unreal Tournament.

What is so cool about Quake? I have nothing against it. I've played it. I'm just curious :D

Later peeps :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Quake 3 is from a long legacy of games from the pioneers in 3d gaming, id Software. While the retail version of UT has more game modes than the retail version of Q3, and a better GUI hands-down, Q3 has had almost a cult following ever since the wizards of Id announced it. Also playing a factor was that the Unreal engine was relatively new at the time, compared to the Quake engines, so it did not have as much exposure.

I would play UT more, because there's nothing I like more than the orgasmic rush that flows through my body when I hear the voice blare, "HEAD SHOT!", but the damn game keeps crashing on me. :)