F* Ie

Acid

stud
Ok. I noticed this problem a while ago, but I *hoped* that it would go away.

Any animated icon will not run. It loads the first image in the sequence, and stops.

/me shuts down Zone Alarm
/me shuts down PopUpCop

Nope. Still nothing.

/me checks Advanced "Play animations in web pages" .. checked already

I have no clue why it isn't working. Any of you know what the problem could be?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Could be another app running the background that handles animations as well. Reaching kinda far I think. Another option is to uninstall the version your using and do a reinstall.

Acid

stud
fooked.jpg

is that bad?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Must be using Win2K if you can't uninstall it. Might try installing the same copy ove rthe top of itself.

MAPI is an acronym for Messaging Application Programming Interface. It's Microsoft's gift to the messaging community....fuckers. That file is part of Outlook. Did you recently install a newer version of it?

I really would be worried about using Norton for checking for system errors though. I have a really hard time with those programs....damn things cause more problems than the solve. It could also be that Norton is throwing up flags to things it thinks are problems.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Might try uninstalling Officce, whatever version your using, and do a reinstall of it as well.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Found this:

ProblemOutlook XP gives a MAPIR.DLL not found error after having Office 11 installed

SolutionYou can fix this if after uninstalling 11 you delete the mapi directory under C:\program files\common
files\system\mapi and then either reinstall or install XP. Please be sure that whatever issue is making you go back to XP has also been logged as a bug.

Acid

stud
Ok, I can fix that.

I've used Norton Systemworks for years now, and it has never given me one problem. Fixed quite a few though :)

/me looks for fixes to bug.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Ever run that stuff on a clean install of Windows? Right after installing Windows with no device drivers instaled? It'll say it has found problems. This, I have a real paroblem with. Symantec has no idea what the actual code of the OS is thus I have a real problem with it's "fixing" of these "supposedly" issues. Same thing with any of these "fixer upper" programs.

Every week though, someone brings their computer in with shit that has been "supposedly" fixed by one of these programs. Every week, I have to go in and remove this crap.

I suppose I should be thankful though. Symantec, McAfee and the rest are just making more work for me.

Acid

stud
Hm. I've never had to take my computer anywhere to get a problem fixed. I've never had a program make one for me that would lock me out of windows that I didn't know how to fix :)

Only thing I've seen mess a computer up bad is CleanSweep. Dad used it once on his old Sony Vaio. It cleaned it alright :)

I did that thing you posted, and Outlook loads now. Now it won't make a Inbox folder. lol! Not like I really care about Outlook XP anyways. It's too "professional" for my needs, and Outlook 6 works fine.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Man....I wish you lived closer to me. We need to get a big ass BBQ and some brewskis goin'. Send the wifes off to do....what ever wives, so we can shot the shit.