Dual Boot

BigDadday

Everday People
OK this is a new area for me so I would like to keep my 98se and split my 20GB drive in two and have 2000 Pro on the other. HOW? I have partition Majic 7.0 to work with but how do I make a dual boot where it asks which drive it wants me to start with each time etc?

Kruz

Staff member
First partition the drive... IE: C & D
you must have win98 loaded first, then load win2000. it will ask if you want to do an "upgrade" or a "new Install" pick new install and when it askes you which directory to install to (C:\windows) for example... change it to (D:\windows) this will install it to your d drive... when finished you will have a boot loader every time you start your pc, asking if you want to start win2000 or 98.... good luck:)

BigDadday

Everday People
Well I can get it to dual boot now and all is fine "except" I get this now?

"Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt. Please reinstall a copy of .

<Windows 2000 Root>\System 32\ ntoskrnl.exe

OK I have it on my small box as i mentioned so what now I am wondering/ I am going to go look in my small one for this file but if not what I ask and I tried to resize it back to original as I was frustrated but no go and it starts up asking me which OS I want which is what I wanted in the first place but if I delete all in the new drive how would I get rid on that message so I can install one and put it over it?