Does your local grocery store...

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Have a bakery right in it? Serve hot entrees? Make fresh sandwiches, hors douvres, and party platters?

I was just wondering because when I moved to Florida 19 years ago none of the grocery stores did in Buffalo. They all do it down here. Some even have little areas where you can eat right in the store.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Some do some don't.

I've only seen a few that make sandwiches, but hot meals and on-site bakery most of the big chains have that.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
The Safeway up the street has a little deli that serves Chinese food. The Sweet and Sour Pork is to die for. They have a little Oriental guy cooking back there. Great cook. They guy is as friendly as they come too. Remembers your name and always says hello. Very nice. Better than a lot of resturants.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Publix is the number one grocery store here and they have, by far, the best bakery in the entire free world. I think all the other stores have bakeries as well, but this place is awesome.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Ours all do in Atlanta. We also have the obligatory stand alone shops and specialty stores that sell only bread... or only Italian... or whatever. It seems like they are trying to copy an old world storefront model.

kuulani

Most of the stores in Hawaii do too. We have Safeway, Sack and Save, and other local franchises like KTA.