Does anyone else despise David Spade?

greenfreak

I don't think he's made a good movie since Tommy Boy. He annoys me.

'Dickie Roberts' tops feeble box office pack

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) --Comedian David Spade was the top draw at the weekend box office in North America, albeit with the lowest grossing new No. 1 film since early 2000 as overall ticket sales suffered a seasonal slide.

Spade's showbusiness satire "Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star" opened at No. 1 with estimated ticket sales of $7 million for the three days since September 5, said its distributor, Paramount Pictures.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/07/sprj.cas03.box.office.reut/index.html

Slim pickins at the box office this week, it seems:

Top Box Office (09/07/03)

1. Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
2. Jeepers Creepers 2
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
4. Freaky Friday
5. S.W.A.T.
6. The Order
7. Open Range
8. Seabiscuit
9. Freddy vs. Jason
10. Uptown Girls

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
i saw it last night. its allright. i will admit i thought the fact they used real child stars was kinda cool.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The entire cast(s) of SNL, since Eddie Murphy days, seems like a bunch of high school losers to me. Spade, Meyers, Sandler...boring, unless you're 17 & waiting to lose your virginity.

Spot

Gonzo said:
The entire cast(s) of SNL, since Eddie Murphy days, seems like a bunch of high school losers to me. Spade, Meyers, Sandler...boring, unless you're 17 & waiting to lose your virginity.

i agree.

waiting for Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey to branch out. they may be the best of the bunch

greenfreak

Just about the only movie with Adam Sandler that I liked was The Wedding Singer and that was mostly because of the soundtrack and Drew Barrymore.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Not a big David Spade fan...so I'll avoid his flicks anyway.

Speaking of films to avoid...

do NOT go see "The Order" - the PR on it makes it look like a great flick. The reality is that it's Eurotrash POS film, with the only positive thing about seeing it is the greasy popcorn that you consume instead of actually watching it.

greenfreak

I heard that "SWAT" was terrible also.

Hey Bish, on an unrelated topic... I was in a Creperie (don't ask) last week eating dinner and noticed three pieces of art on the wall. It was all three pieces that you have, and that you made your AV. I forgot the artist, but I recognized them and said to Rusty, "That's the same stuff Mr. Bishop has at home." He said, "Who?!" lol

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
ROFL: Jack Vettriano - He's a great artist, but his work is starting to get too popular, ya know. I'm starting to see it in all poster stores that I pass, on postcards etc...

Suddenly, I'm not original anymore :(

Maybe I'll change my AV to something else for a bit, to reduce the use of his art. :) Something by Coleville !!!
horse.jpg

I havn't seen SWAT...but then again, I havn't seen T3, Matrix2, Hulk, or even Daredevil yet... I'm falling behind...kids

leslie

I hate David Spade, and Adam Sandler too...

but I heard Adam Sandler's song "Piece of Shit Car" and was rofl so there's some good in him :laugh:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
i didnt think swat was to bad. but spade is to weird most of the time. they should have had chris rock in his place.

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
leslie said:
I hate David Spade, and Adam Sandler too...

but I heard Adam Sandler's song "Piece of Shit Car" and was rofl so there's some good in him :laugh:

there is no conflict. he still makes movies