Custom Case Almost Done - Large Images™

Just keep you guys updated on that classic computer I am building. The case is almost done and I am still looking for all the old parts I want to use which is hard because I always want to build the fastest computer possible.

The inner parts are all chomed. Since I was afraid of shorting out system by chroming the motherboard plate, I just painted it jet black and rubbed it done as well as I could. The outer part of the case is Pearl White. I used Anzal Automative paint and it's taken me about 4 weeks to get this far.

Here are the assembled parts... amd still doing the front face, you guys will see that soon.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

case7.jpg

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Man toolbox that is sweet looking. I think that is what im gonna do next case modding. ive done everything cept oc'ing and case modding and im still wary of the oc'ing. I got a spare case that the power supply went south on so i am getting it ready to do something to.

Acid... don't get upset but the chroming and paint work to date has already costed me about US$200.00. I'm not done yet! The thing also went to the machine shop to bore some holes where I thought I would hide the wires... by the time it's done, it should cost about the same as a brand new Lian-Li PC70 but this project was fun to do. :)

Neo... do as much as you can and be extrmely patient! I haven't had this much fun in a really long time! It's my first excuse ever to use a riveter and I like playing with that thing! :)

Acid

stud
holy shit man. my case = 50 :D

i can say i modded it to. i broke the front door off it (it guard<b>ed</b> the cd-roms..fucking hated it)

I'm looking for old parts but as I go along with this project, I find myself trying to get faster and faster parts! I'm going to end up with a Tualatin Processor if I doon't watch myself!

I've failed at this project guys... I was supposed to build an old computer that used old parts that was just enough to run Windows NT 4.0. As I went through local secondhand sites, I couldn't resist getting a good deal and ended up with some pretty new stuff! Not extrmely new but quite new!

Here is the system specs I was aiming for:

Intel Pentium II 266 MHz
Gigabyte GA686 Motherboard
Micron 192MB EDO RAM
Matrox Mystique 220 4MB PCI
Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold
Plextor 4Plex CD-ROM
Plextor 8/20 Writer
Seagate Barracuda 6.5GB SCSI Disk
Seagate 5,400RPM 8.4GB IDE Disk
Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI Controller
ViewSonic 17PS Monitor
Altec Lansing ACS45

I didn't quite get that but instead got far more advanced parts. This is what it looks like now:

Intel Pentium III 1.13GHz Tualatin
Asus TUV4X Motherboard
Apacer 512MB SDRAM
Hercules Prophet II GeForce AGP
Matrox Mystique 220 4MB PCI
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Sony 52X IDE CD-ROM
Plextor UltraPlex 32Max CD-ROM
Plextor PlexWriter 12/10/32S
Iomega Zip 250 Internal IDE
Seagate Barracuda 6.5GB SCSI Disk
Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB Hard Disk