counter strike ping and cable!!!!

LiViNtOoLiVe

The man, thas rite THE MAN!!!!!!!!!
i got cable modem and i get great ul / dl speeds but i get really high ping
toshiba pcx1100u connected with usb.
i can connect with nic if itll make a difference. i get high ping to everywhere not just a particular server allover even servers near me. what could be the cause, i went to dslreports and evrythjins tweaked. can changin over to an NIC onnection make a difference?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Livin im gonna move this to the software forum youll get some more responses there. :)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
livin what OS you running? Ive read that any of the newer windoze OS's dont really need to be tweaked for broadband. Usually makes it worse not better. maybe give that a try and see if it gets any better.
Another thing to consider is have you tried anyother game and checked its ping? could be a setting within counterstrike.

Acid

stud
Isn't it the UDP crap that affects how you ping in games? I've heard of a lot of people having awesome dl/ul speeds (1.5/256+), but ping higher than me (512/128 max).

and most likely, your NIC isn't slowing it down. The nic is rated for 100mbits/s. I doubt it'd be limiting to around 1-3mbit :)

LiViNtOoLiVe

The man, thas rite THE MAN!!!!!!!!!
thx but its not connected with an nic its the toshiba pcx1100u and its connected with usb. Thanks!!!!!1