Staff member
1 AMD Duron 700
1 Pencil
1 Chrome Orb
1 Abit KT7 with weakened clip latches
1 drop of OCZ Quicksilver
1 Quicker Computer Screwer Upper :smash:
1 set of ears

Give ingredients to Quicker Computer Screwer Upper.

Have him apply pencil to L1 bridges of AMD Duron

Have him spread OCZ Quicksilver in a thin layer over processor die, spread excess on contact area of Chrome Orb

Have him insert AMD Duron in socket of Abit KT7

Have him attach Chrome Orb on Abit KT7, making sure to press evenly on the heatsink. Use ears to listen for the barrage of four-letter words as the Quicker Computer Screwer Upper applies uneven pressure and chips off part of the core as he attaches the Chrome Orb.

Have him start up the computer. Sigh as Quicker Computer Screwer Upper immediately enters the BIOS to change the bus frequency to 105mhz and 9.5x multiplier.

Listen to second barrage of four-letter words as the Quicker Computer Screwer Upper realizes he forgot to plug in Chrome Orb.

Have him attach Chrome Orb wire to motherboard and boot the computer, making sure Genome@Home is started up for maximum heat generation.

Walk away from computer, taking Quicker Computer Screwer Upper with.

Due to the weakened clip latches on the Abit KT7 from previous abuse, heatsink will snap off clip latches and come unattached from the processor die immediately. This is not an unusual occurance for a setup done by the Quicker Computer Screwer Upper.

Bake for 8 hours while you sleep.

Get high off fumes of silicon and OCZ Quicksilver burning.

Shut off computer.

Pull off heatsink.

Utter four-letter word as you note the streak of yellow running along one whole side of the processor die and the blotch of brown burnt OCZ Quicksilver.

Enjoy :D

br0ck

Now i see where "If you start to smell burning, you probably should shut off your computer" came from. :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
The only ingredient I have on that list is ears.
Well I do have an Abit KT7a, but his clip latches are secure. :cool:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Jeez, Fury, how many of these poor little darlings have you fried now? I'm beginning to think you're a menace, and I know for damn sure I never want to see you anywhere near my LAN.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's the same one fried over and over and over and over and over again. :cool: