Clean insides..............

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
I'm a fanatic about keeping the inside of my case in order. It helps airflow and keeps things cool. Anyone else here try to keep things extra neat??? Post yer pics here!!!

Attachments

• clean2.jpg
    clean2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 45

AMDnut

Heres a closer shot before I tucked the final wires into my new Antec SX1030B case........

Attachments

• clean1.jpg
    clean1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 38

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Damn! do you lick it clean? I don't clean mine as I want it fry. That way the wife will get me a new one.

AMDnut

Heres a rig I helped put together for my father-in-law. A nice little Duron 700@961 on an Abit KT7 and generic case.......

Attachments

• clean3.jpg
    clean3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 41

AMDnut

Geez, there is a lot of dirt in this thing!!!

Check out my ALPHA fins and Northbridge heatsink....

Attachments

• dirty1.jpg
    dirty1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 35

Outlaw69

Banned
its funny that you posted a pic of your case, because I got same exact case right beside me right now...its my brothers case, but he forgot to leave me the key so I can't get inside of it to install an ethernet card so I can surf... I bet you that case is brand new because there is no way it can be that clean. Let me see that case a year from now. there isn't even a mote of dust on the psu.

AMDnut

It's about 3 months old!!! :D

It will have more dust in a year, but not much more!!! (If I still have it in a year) I clean it religiously once a month.

The second case (the father-in-laws) is almost a year old. It was built in November, and this pic was taken about 2 months ago.

Really, it is hard to think what things look like after a year, most parts, including the cases, get changed within 7-9 months. I'll probably keep the Antec case for a while, but it will get a complete cleaning when the mobo gets changed in 2 months or so... that really helps keep things clean.....

AMDnut

Oh yeah, Outlaw, I want to change out the PS for an Enermax 431 sometime in the next month so it won't have much chance to get dirty..... ;)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Man, im embarrased. My machine only looked like that when it was new, guess id better get to work.:rolleyes:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a real "clean freak" because my hardware changes nearly every month, so actually my stuff never gets all that dirty (except for my Geforce2 which has remained constant over a few different hardware configs...)

My case is similar to your Antec, except it's a 1240 (the full tower version)

I have 3 80mm fans, the 2 40mm fans on my geforce2 and mobo chipset, the 60mm fan on my CPU and the 80mm in my PSU

no problem about the move, just trying to keep the people in the speak easy not bored out of their minds with this "boring computer crap" :D