Canadians are just plain wacky

unclehobart

this is my special title
Replica Bison Testicles the Focus of Crime Spree

EDMONTON, Alberta (Reuters) - Police in this Canadian city where the world athletic championships ended last weekend appealed to the public on Tuesday to help them crack a crime spree involving the theft of several replica bison testicles.

Edmonton police charged two men on Tuesday after they were caught red-handed with testicles removed from the life-size replica of a bison, one of several colorfully painted statues placed throughout the western city for the 2001 World Championships in Athletics.

However, 19 other fiberglass bison had their testicles severed between Friday and Monday, and the case remains unsolved, police spokesman Dean Parthenis said.

The two men caught with the imitation genital glands have been charged with one count each of mischief, but are not currently suspects in the vandalism of the other bison, Parthenis said.

``As far as we're concerned, the one case has been solved but the other 19 are unsolved, so whether or not we have another person out there, or a group of people, or copycats, we don't know,'' he said.

The two suspects were collared in south Edmonton early Friday, after local residents told officers of the vandalism. A few minutes later, the two men, both in their early 20s, were found with the testicles, a fire extinguisher and a cloth. Parthenis said he did not know the significance of the other two items.

``It's a bizarre case,'' he said. ``I mean, the whole scenario surrounding all the other 19 bison -- why anyone would want to walk off with testicles from a replica bison is beyond anyone's comprehension.''

Many of the statues, painted in colors representing various countries, were to be sold following the two-week athletic championships, with the proceeds going to charity.

Their value will drop considerably if they are rendered less than anatomically correct, Parthenis said.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010814/od/crime_canada_testicles_dc_1.html

tko97

Cocaine Superhero
Wait a minute, weed ain't legal in Canada. You have to have a doctor on your side, only 1 if you're going to die in a year and 2 doctors on your side if you're just in horrible pain. Getting 1 doctor is incredibly hard because a doctor can lose their liscense if the gov't simply disagrees with their decision. No proof needed. So weed's actually harder to get. This is Rock's idea of compassion. Sorry to get pissed over this but this whole damn prohabition screws over so many people and I just can't see why people stand for it.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
It was a joke! You're suppose to laugh. I was not serious!
Please don't yell at me. :cry:

I hear what you're sayin' bro.:thup:

unclehobart

this is my special title
story.jpg

Blame Canada? Hell, let's declare war!
It's a vile, cold, wooded wasteland populated with propaganda-spewing lumberjacks and their irritating ilk. Who needs it?

BigDadday

Everday People
Hey at least Canada still uses 3 gallon flush toilets (if they have them:D) and not the stupid cost saving 1.5 ones where you have to flush it twice anyway. Also the weather is always nice and cold at places and the own 1/2 of the Niagra Falls. BD :wave:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by unclehobart
story.jpg

Blame Canada? Hell, let's declare war!
It's a vile, cold, wooded wasteland populated with propaganda-spewing lumberjacks and their irritating ilk. Who needs it?

HELL YES! NUKE 'EM TILLTHEY GLOW!!! NUKES ARE NOT A DETERENT UNLESS YOU LAUNCH ONE ONCE IN A WHILE! PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIRE POWER!!!!

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
You guy don't want to get ride of us. If you do you can no longer to Europe and say you're Canadian so people will be nice to you.

Canada, vile? I don't think so. Have you been to Detroit?

unclehobart

this is my special title
I just claim to be from Germany. I was born there, but am just a plain ol upper class southern white boy.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
<a href="http://www.xibase.com/vB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81&highlight=canada">The First Official Canada Sucks Thread</a>

HavoK

Sayian Elite
Canada does not suck!!! I will forever stand behind my northern friends, but not too close, don't want to get the wrong idea ;) ...I love Canada and all it's Nudiee joints...did I say joints??? oh boy :laugh: ...everyone I've meet in Canada or know from Canada is cool and is no different from us...I think I'll move there and work here... :p

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Originally posted by BigDadday
Hey at least Canada still uses 3 gallon flush toilets (if they have them:D) and not the stupid cost saving 1.5 ones where you have to flush it twice anyway. Also the weather is always nice and cold at places and the own 1/2 of the Niagra Falls. BD :wave:

Hey BD, read this for a laugh about American vs Canadian toilets:

Smuggler's Blues

:D