Enjoy this quick side dish with steak.

Serves 2

1 medium Tomato, cored and halved
1/2 teaspoon Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Garlic, minced
1/3 cup Parmesan

Heat the broiler. Sprinkle the split tomato with olive oil.
Pinch on the herbs. Top with the cheese. Place under the
broiler and cook until the tomatoes are just soft and the
cheese begins to brown.

Cheers

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Man... A lot (well, ok, all) of your recipes make my mouth water and then it sucks cause I can't make them.

What's the mouth equivalent of blue balls? :o

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
You can most certainly cut a tomato in half and put stuff on it...now git in the kitchen:smash:

S

s4

Yeah, I'm doin' it right this second. :laugh:

j/k I'm too lazy to cook. It's sounds like interesting though.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
1) I have no tomatoes
2) I have no olive oil
3) I have no basil
4) I have no oregano
5) I have no garlic
6) I don't have that much parmesan cheese (you'd think with multiple trillions of light-years of cheese stored away in my warehouse that I'd have a third of a cup of parmesan :o)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Hey i even try to put up easy ones that even us guys can make, now get your arse to the store and get cooking...:whip:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Here's a little hint for you non-Emril types....that yummy dipping butter that comes in your Papa Johns pizza works great.

...and flurf, I bet you got most of that stuff in the cupboard, you just don't pay any attention to it....NOW GIT IN THE KITCHEN LIKE I TOLDJA TO :smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Q: No, really. I DON'T HAVE THAT STUFF

We haven't gone to the grocery store since a couple weeks ago.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by fury
Q: No, really. I DON'T HAVE THAT STUFF

We haven't gone to the grocery store since a couple weeks ago.

Unplug dude! Go to that same bar that Neo met Trinity at in the Matrix. Oh and stop at the store on the way home.
:D

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Neo
Enjoy this quick side dish with steak.

Serves 2

1 medium Tomato, cored and halved
1/2 teaspoon Olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1/4 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Garlic, minced
1/3 cup Parmesan

Heat the broiler. Sprinkle the split tomato with olive oil.
Pinch on the herbs. Top with the cheese. Place under the
broiler and cook until the tomatoes are just soft and the
cheese begins to brown.

Cheers

Might be interesting to do a cold variation on this by cutting the top 1/4 off the tomato, core it out and chop with the tops. Then mix tomato black olive slices, green olive slices, minced anchovy, chopped roasted eggplant or squash, crumbled feta cheese, olive oil, basil, oregano, minced garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Fill tomatoes with mix and chill. Garnish with a fresh basil leaf tucked in the side before serving and sprinkle a little extra feta on top.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
oooh, winey that sounds delightful...did you just think that up? what will we be having in addition to that? whats for dessert? what kind of entertainment will we be having? can I wear jeans?

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Q
oooh, winey that sounds delightful...did you just think that up? what will we be having in addition to that? whats for dessert? what kind of entertainment will we be having? can I wear jeans?

Yeah I still get inspired even though I don't cook much anymore.

I would serve with Souvlaki (sp?) and steamed asparagus with a lemon & egg cream sauce and dill. The wine with the meal would be Carneros Creek Pinot Noir for me and Fetzer Gewurztraminer for you, altough I would give you a taste of my Pinot Noir in case you might like it.

Desert would be Pears poached in Port wine topped with a light caramel sauce, miniature chocolate truffel and chopped pecans served with a glass of Wachenschwanz ruby port.

We would be the entertainment. You can wear jeans... for a while. :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
.....and where does that yummy sounding blueberry wine fit into this scenario? is it done yet?:worm:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
*checks wardrobe for suitable blueberry dipping attire* :D

blue bikini.....check
whipped cream...check