Bombs Explode in Rural Mailboxes

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
any relation to anthrax mailings?

Fri May 3, 7:55 PM ET
By MIKE WILSON, Associated Press Writer

URBANDALE, Iowa (AP) - Pipe bombs accompanied by anti-government propaganda exploded Friday in five mailboxes in rural parts of Illinois and Iowa, an attack authorities called domestic terrorism. Five people were injured, none seriously.

A note found with the bombs said more "attention getters" were on the way. It was signed "someone who cares."

Authorities did not immediately announce any suspects. The Postal Service suspended delivery service through Saturday in the agricultural region that straddles the Mississippi River, and urged residents not to remove any devices they might find in their mailboxes.

"We are reviewing this as a domestic terrorism incident," said James Bogner, an FBI spokesman. "We don't know if all the devices have been found or there are devices remaining ... We probably won't know for a while."

In all, eight devices were found and five exploded. The bombs were not sent by mail but were instead placed in the mailboxes and set to detonate when the boxes were opened, investigators said.

Gonzo

Staff member
Text of note left in mailboxes in the Midwest where pipe bombs were found Friday:

Mailboxes are exploding! Why, you ask?

Attention people.

You do things because you can and want (desire) to

If the government controls what you want to do, they control what you can do.

If you are under the impression that death exists, and you fear it, you do anything to avoid it. (This is the same way pain operates. Naturally we strive to avoid negative emotion/pain.)

You allow yourself to fear death!

World authorities allowed, and still allow you to fear death!

In avoiding death you are forced to conform, if you fail to conform, you suffer mentally and physically. (Are world powers utilizing the natural survival instinct in a way that allows them to capitalize on the people?)

To "live" (avoid death) in this society you are forced to conform/slave away.

I'm here to help you realize/ understand that you will live no matter what! It is up to you people to open your hearts and minds. There is no such thing as death. The people I've dismissed from this reality are not at all dead.

Conforming to the boundaries, and restrictions imposed by the government only reduces the substance in your lives. When 1% of the nation controls 99% of the nations total wealth, is it a wonder why there are control problems?

The United States strives to provide freedom for their people. Do we really have personal freedom? I've lived here for many years, and I see much limitation. Does the definition of freedom include limitation? I've learned about the history of various civilizations in history, and I see more and more limitation. Do you people enjoy this trend of limitation? If not, change it!

As long as you are uninformed about death you will continue to say "how high", when the government tells you to "jump". As long as the government is uninformed about death they will continue tell you to "jump" Is the government uninformed about death, or are they pretending?

You have been missing how things are, for very long. I'm obtaining your attention in the only way I can. More info is on its way. More "attention getters' are on the way. If I could, I would change only one person, unfortunately the resources are not accessible. It seems killing a single famous person would get the same media attention as killing numerous un-famous humans. There is less risk of being detained, associated with dismissing certain people.

Sincerely,

Someone Who Cares

PS. More info. will be delivered to various locations around the country.

© 2002 The Associated Press

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Aww how sweet. The bomber fucker CARES about us. Well that's a hell of a fucking way to get your message across, asshole. Go suck a cock. :rolleyes:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
So, he feels that there is no death. Why don't we allow him to find out for sure.

Gonzo

Staff member
Five pipe bombs were found Saturday in rural Nebraska mailboxes, heightening fears among Midwesterners already on edge after similar bombs injured six people in Iowa and Illinois the day before, authorities said.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Can't they just blow up some stuff, why do they have to hurt people?

You'd think if they just blew up some expensive stuff they would get similar attention.

Gonzo

Staff member
and so it goes, ever westward

SALIDA, Colo. (AP) - An FBI official said a pipe bomb found in a Colorado mailbox Monday appeared linked to 16 others found in three Midwestern states, raising concerns that the domestic terrorism spree is spreading West

Gonzo

Staff member
con't
A pipe bomb similar to 17 others found in four other states was discovered in a rural mailbox in Texas, the FBI said Tuesday.

Gonzo

Staff member
now for the main event

AMARILLO, Texas - The FBI issued an all-points bulletin Tuesday for a 22-year-old man, described as armed and dangerous, in connection with a wave of pipe bombs found in rural mailboxes, authorities said.

Lubbock police spokesman Bill Morgan said the bulletin identified the man as Luke John Helder, who was seen driving a gray Honda Accord with Minnesota license plates. The bulletin said Helder was armed and dangerous, according to Morgan.

Gonzo

Staff member
it's over until the lawyers fuck it up

RENO, Nev. (AP) - The 21-year-old college student wanted in a string of pipe bombs left in rural mailboxes in five states was arrested Tuesday on a windswept highway outside Reno, ending a manhunt that stretched across half the country.

Gato_Solo

They caught the guy...

RENO, Nev. May 8 — A 21-year-old man arrested on suspicion of placing a string of pipe bombs in mailboxes across the country will appear in court Wednesday on charges that could lead to a life sentence. Luke J. Helder was arrested Tuesday evening 40 miles east of Reno, after a 40-mile chase during which he allegedly dropped a gun out of his car window.

Source...

Gonzo

Staff member
He's taking the fun out it

RENO, Nev. (AP) - The FBI said Wednesday that 21-year-old college student Luke Helder confessed to planting 18 pipe bombs in rural mailboxes in five states. Six people were injured in the spree.