Bios Central Linux

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Ok. I'm spamming here. A few friends have asked me to start up a new forum for Linux since the fall of Linux Discussions so I setup an install of phpBB into a sub-domain on my site. Hell, I only used half of the bandwidth available to me so what the heck.

Bios Central Linux Forums

It's only forums. Nothing else. I'm not going to put a link up on my front page until after Difie and I have had a chance to tweak it some and ensure that things are running smoothly. I don't knowif want to install any addons as my last attempt resulted in a broken board that I barely salvaged. I tried to install an attachment hack into the Bios Central forums and nearly lost the whole thing in the process. Now that those boards are up to over 600 users I would really, really hate to lose it all again. I went through that crap one time already.

Anyway, I'm not asking anyone to register and all that. Take a look and tell me your thoughts. In particular, can you find anything wrong with it? I've experienced a few problems myself with other sites installs of phpBB so I want to make sure this works before I start telling everyone about it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The theme is a bit bland, that's all I can think of right now. Good job :headbang:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Thanks fury. I'm not the php hacker you are but diffie and dan will be doing some mods and installing others. I think he's going to install the attachment one as well as a few administrator ones too. Were going to install a few other themes as well, just gotta find some that look cool and aren't sore to the eye.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
This is true, but when most hacks entail the modification of several pages, how does one determine which page mod went wrong. hehe

fury

Administrator
Staff member
When you start hacking more often, you start to have this sixth sense about things...

(actually, you will usually know where to look just from reading the error. "Fatal error: Parse error: Unexpected [x] on line [x] of [file.php]")