Baseball

BigDadday

Everday People
OK the Cleveland Indians are in the playoffs and have a 2 to 1 edge over the Seattle marriners after a 17 to 2 score yesterday and am just waiting till the rain stops to complete this series.:D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
The Braves are the Buffalo Bills of baseball...don't worry, unc, they'll lose eventually.

Go Yanks!

unclehobart

this is my special title
The Braves can't be the Buffalo Bills of baseball. The Braves have actually won one. If you want a Bills scapegoat look to the Astros. Theyre like 0-7 in postseason standings for the last decade.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well they are as close to being the Bills as you can get. IMO the Bills should have beaten the Giants in their first game if Norwood didn't choke. But I digress...

The Braves suck! and they will lose again this year. I'm surrounded by Brave/Red Sox fans and they don't get it either...

unclehobart

this is my special title
Of course the Braves will lose. I have no illusions that they will even make it to the big show. Great pitchers, great managers, shitty hitters. If the Bravos could just pick up anyone that could be bothered to hit more than .275 then they would do a lot better. Heck, I'd settle for a half decent base stealer. That pitching roster won't last forever. Smoltz is already in a wheelchair.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Mariners won. First team ever to win after being down 0-2 in the series. Poor Indians. Always in the dance but still a virgin.

NNY 3 Oak 2 in the 4th.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I made an error in my last post. The Mariners are NOT the first team to win a series after being down 0-2, it's the Yankees who get that honour.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Who would have thunk it that the Yanks could come back from an 0-2 hole going to Oakland. I certainly didn't last week.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Huge
Who would have thunk it that the Yanks could come back from an 0-2 hole going to Oakland. I certainly didn't last week.

Guess that's why they're the defending champs.