Barry Bonds

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
He has today(Mon) off, then 3 against Houston & 3 against LA. He's one from tying the record & ? from setting his own mark. What do you think will be the final tally?

My guess-72(revised 10/04/01)
for those who have no clue, he's about to beat Mark McGuires single season home run record

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Not sure what the final tally will be, but he should surpass Mac's record. I'll guess 71.

S

s4

Keep us posted on this. It's one of the few sports things, I've been interested in lately.

Gonzo

Staff member
it's the wrong record, but there was one for BArry & one for Ricky-

While most fans clamor for the demise of the three-year-old single-season home-run record, Rickey Henderson and Barry Bonds are erasing records that have stood since before the Great Depression. Henderson scored for the 2,245th time, tying Ty Cobb's record in the third inning of San Diego's game against Los Angeles. Earlier in the evening, Barry Bonds eclipsed Babe Ruth's 78-year-old walk record in San Francisco's visit to Houston. Bonds has walked three times to bring his season total to 172, two more than Ruth

S

s4

Getting walked the most is probably the biggest compliment a player could have knowing that the other team would rather walk him than pitch to him.

S

s4

He hit #70 Thursday night.

[QUOTEURL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/2001/10/04/bonds_70/]After watching Houston pitchers work around him throughout the three-game series, Bonds finally got a chance to hit, leading off the ninth inning. He did not miss, hitting a 454-foot shot off rookie Wilfredo Rodriguez.
[/QUOTEURL]

In a way, I hope he doesn't get #71. It would be kind of cool if the record were tied.

Gonzo

Staff member
Since the GIants are playing the Dodgers in the final weekend series, he may not bypass 70. Both teams are technically still in the hunt.

GO DIAMONDBACKS

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/2001/10/07/bonds_73_ap/]SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds hit his 73rd home run Sunday, further extending the major league record he broke two days earlier. [/QUOTEURL]

br0ck

WOW! That has to be the greatest offensive season of all time!

HRs
Slugging Pct.
Base on Balls
Total Bases
ect....

S

s4

I agree. That guy had an awesome season! If I were him, I'd retire and go out as possibly the greatest offensive player that ever played the game?