Barry Bonds hits 3 today

S

s4

Barry Bonds is closing in on Mark McGwire's record: http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0909/1249834.html

I think they guy is going to do it even though he may not get too many chances to swing for the fences. If you were a pitcher would you give him anything that he could possibly get a hr with? I expect a lot of walks in the upcoming games.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The Giants are in a playoff hunt during this spectacle. HR's add to the winning probability, but I hope he recalls it's for the team right now. As an opposing manger, hell no I wouldn't pitch to him-not if my team has a chance at the playoffs. If we were out of the hunt, sure, give the guy a break, but actually pitch, don't allow hanging sliders over the plate.

Good Luck, Mr Bonds

br0ck

He needs 7 more to tie and 8 more to hold the record for himself. There is 17 more games for the SF Giants.

unclehobart

this is my special title
They may reschedule it all at the end of the season to get the proper number of games in. Even if he does make it to 71 I doubt there will be nearly the grandeur that such a moment warrants considering the mass brooding atmosphere hovering over the US.