Anyone here have had to deal with domain hijacking?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Huge, May 10, 2005.

1. Huge

Huge Holla if you hear me! Staff Member

My aunt's domain (easyrecipes.com) seems to have been hijacked. She's had this domain since probably the late '90's. There was a site there at one time that you could order recipes (I know, I've eaten most of them). But since maybe around 2001, there's been nothing there. Recently, there have been many calls to my aunt asking if she was selling the domain. She isn't.

This has been going on for months/years. My aunt says she wants to do something else with the domain.

Last week, we get another offer for the domain; this time the caller says the domain has been hijacked. Sure enough my bro who was in town at the time says the administration info has been changed (to a fictious address).

Anyone?

My bro email follows:

2. Huge

Whoops, forgot this:

3. Neo

Neo Administrator Staff Member

huge, Im assuming that you are still paying yearly fees for hosting. Tell godaddy you need all statements since you bought the domain, and any other information that would show her as the owner as far back as they can. A good arbitrator will make the other person prove proof of transfer and ownership. Which they cant do

4. Huge

Yeah my bro mentioned something about an arbitrator; didn't hear the whole conversation about it. That may be the way to go.