Another gameserver question I may get no answer to....

markjs

QuackHead
But I hope I am wrong.....Anyway, I cannot seem to get a server online. I was trying to get a server online from a client machine of a 2PC network running ICS, but I have since given up on that and am trying to run directly from the internet gateway machine. I have done this for years and never had a problem until now. I am running Win 2k, and I have done it successfully in 2k before as well. One thing I have noticed is that the server tries to run using the local IP (192.168.0.1) and not the static intenet IP and I am not sure how to force it to pick up the other IP. I have however disabled the Internal network NIC and then it runs on the right IP, but it still does not connect to the internet (It's Action Half Life and I test it by searching at Gametiger). I thought well maybe my ISP has disabled the default game port because I used to run a gameserver 24/7, but I changed the port setting in C:\Sierra\Half-Life\Action\server.cfg but it still runs on the default port! In server.cfg it suggests I delete "game.cfg" as its settings might override server.cfg's but I cant find any file named game.cfg. Anyhow, I need to know 1. How to make AHL run on the right IP, 2. how to force it onto another port, and 3. What else might I be doing wrong because I am almost positive that my ISP would not block my port without notifying me. Thanks in advance!