Last night I went all out and baked a chocolate cinnamon coffee cake,

This morning I gave the kids some for breakfast...my oldest just goes to me,

"Mom, did you make that?"

after I say yes, he says,

"Wow, I'm really surprised, I thought you bought it because it tastes good!"

:retard:

unclehobart

this is my special title
I always said the opposite because I can taste the little stablizing chemicals and whatnot that they use in the various breads and cookies. It might just be that certain chewiness factor that the store bought cookies have that is hard to copy with home cooked ones. Home cooked ones taste better, but are prone to be a little scorched and glassy on the bottom as well as less than 100% cookie cutter copies of each other. Home made cookies have slightly irregular shapes. There are special cookie sheets that take care of the burn and make them perfectly consistent time after time.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Or you can lay parchment paper on the regular sheets. That alleviates 90% of the problem.

leslie

:lol:

It took all my might, but I refrained from harming him, and smiled, and nodded, and said that I'd made it :D

karlwb

My son prefers most food bought or from frozen, and as yet he does'nt have a gerat appreceation for good home cooking, even though my wife is an excelent cook, so I guess ( if yours is anthing like my kid ) it was certainly a compliment.