A Bee's Nest

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Since I've already opened one hornet nest in another thread here at XI, I figured-"hey, Gonz, let's start an alternative political firestorm & fire up the masses.

The Womens Liberation Movement

In these politalcally correct times, it seems that the entire point has been whitewashed & deluged with innuendo & mis-information. It's time to see if that can be corrected.
The origination of the womens movement came about because of social pressures brought on by, none other than, Adolph Hitler. Had there not been a WWII, women wouldn't have gone to work full-time in manufacturing, mining & other non traditional male dominated jobs. Or, at least, not in the way they did. After WWII, women liked the freedom & income derived from these jobs & decided to stay. Well, the men wanted thier old jobs back & a war was declared right here.
The original fight was for social acceptance to working women, better female wages & less harassment among the working force. Somewhere along the line, it has changed to an us vs. them thing.
If you read the newspapers today, it still says women make xx% of what a man makes. That is a MYTH. Given equal time on the job, and similar skills, women make 102% of what a man makes, in AD2000. The myth is propogated in the FACT that women are the caregiveres to a family, more often than not. It's not the male dominated paternal system that causes this-WHO HAS THE WOMB? It's biological. Plain & Simple.
I, as a man, must admit I don't fully understand what makes sexual harassment. Why? Because the rules keep changing. I believe that if a superior at work bases your raises, promotions & very job on "blowing the boss"-the boss is a dog & should be put down. And, if a superior, or co-worker, is constantly asking or demanding sexual favors, they should be reprimanded, up to & including dismissal. But, the line get drawn there. Lawsuits over a Playboy Pictoral in the john is NOT harassment. If your job is not adversely affected-it's NOT harassment. Get over it. Males are sexually visual creatures & since you got a boob job-we're gonna look.
Where, in the US Constitution, does it say abortion on demand(esp. after 14 weeks) is a right? I can't find it. I'm not even saying I'm against abortion, but, it is NOT a right. The NOW crowd seems to have it in thier copy. Didja ever notice, there's not a single super-model in NOW. hmmmmmmmm, just a thought.
Also, in the original womens liberation handbook, what is the quote re: wimins can be sluts & **** all the men they want, until a pregnancy ensues, then, all the sex partners MUST take DNA tests to determine paternity but if the female party chooses to abort, the guy has no say? If she decides to keep the infant, the "guilty" party must pay-up, and he has no say. or She may keep the child, never tell the male-sluts, thus denying a father to said child. Seems UNEQUAL to me.

So, c'mon guys & gals, lets get a hot debate started-keep it impersonal & make your valid points on both sides & remember-

ITS ONLY AN OPINION, unless backed with scientific fact :D :scared: :eek2: :eek: :mad: ;) :o

S

s4

Oh goody. I get to use one of my old lines at hwc.

No Comment:worm:

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Hiyas
NOW and Women's liberation organizations are still around. New Women's organizations have started. The New ones are more feminist in nature. Younger Women are saying NOW doesn't represent them at all.

From a interview with a president of one of the new groups. They are not at logger heads with Men. Like being treated special just because their women (Why ? mess up a good deal, she says). Achieve change by working within the system. There to help when numbers speak louder then one. Theres more can't remember it tho :D

Where the PC stuff comes from? Its a small group of people who have it as their mission to right this evil. They have in common with other small groups who make sociital ranging reforms. A quirk that holds contempt of people in general. Once the good ship lollypop 'Joe Public' gets a clear target on this bunch, They will see them for what they are.
Bronto